Barcelona overnight

Hi all - we'll be taking our honeymoon cruise on Jun1 for 14 days on the NCL Jade, and we have an overnight port stop at Barcelona.

We REALLY want to be able to enjoy a night out there and have a great dinner there and get to see Barcelona for what it is.

Any recommandations on where to eat - what to see etc? I'm not sure how an overnight port stop works.. is there a curfew or can we come and go as we please ?

You can come and go as you please. We also will be overnight there and don't know what to do. Be sure to be safe with valuables, don't walk alone a night, that is all I know. Oh, the restuarants on the water are supposed to be great.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my colleagues recommended a restaurant called Cal Pep. We tried several times to go but it was closed due to a holiday or there was a lineup - you may have better luck.

The Gothic cathedral is beautiful and not to be missed.

We also enjoyed the Museum of the City, located near the cathedral. It describes the development of the city, then you have an opportunity to explore the layers of development below the present-day building. We're urban planners so we're probably a little biased on that front.

There are lots of pubs/bars in the Gothic quarter which are fun. When we were there we found lots of British & Irish folks celebrating bachelor or bachelorette party weekends!

There is a beautiful and romantic restaurant on the top of Montjuic, with incredible views of the city. We enjoyed it very much...

El Xalet

Address : Av. de Miramar,31

Opening hours : From 1pm to 4 pm and from 8pm to midnight. Till 1am Friday and Saturday.

Phone : 93 324 92 70

There are many sidewalk cafes in the middle section of Los Ramblas.

Los Ramblas itself is a great evening stroll and eating at one of the cafes is a great people watching experience. You can stroll along and check out the menus as you go.

Las Ramblas starts at the port and the Columbus statue, and goes up to Plaza Catalunya. The lower third is a little seedy, but plenty of people around.

Just be aware of pickpockets, usually working in pairs or groups, doing things like creating distractions to draw a crowd. If someone walking close in front of you drops something and stops to pick it up blocking you, check out who is behind you.

I do love Barcelona.

I'm on the same cruise you are and this will be my 5th visit there.

Archived