Transportation over Charges

perrero1

On March 29-2008 We sailed on Celebrity the Summit transatlantic from San Juan to Pointe Del Gada what a great cruise got pretty bumpy on the fourth day out because we hit a storm. Everything was really top notch all departments. I really Recommend the Normandy Restaurant for speciality dinning if you wanna live like a king for one night the food and service is just outstanding. My only issue is That I feel celebrity could advice you about a choice of walking into town when you arrive at a port. In Pointe del Gada you can walk to town instead of paying the high transportation charges. Also La Rochelle you can walk to town before the bus gets there, it's just a few blocks. I thought $8.00 round trip for 2-3 blocks was excessive. All in all I really enjoyed the cruise on Celebrity and I would sail with them again.

we've also had good experiences on N C L:)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on Summit. We had a nice time with NCL also, transatlantic in fact.

Much like excursions, ground transport has become another profit centre for the cruise lines. We experienced this as well with Oceania, who were charging $20 pp each way (or maybe it was r/t, I forget, but still) for a bus to town in Mykonos -- we walked one way, and took a back for five euros. Not only did they not advise that the town was within walking distance, they were misinforming people that taxis were not available. Some research, plus a little sense of adventure, will usually yield better results than what the cruise lines have to offer.

Archived