wording for We're Married Announcements

My husband and I were married on the Crown Princess in March. No sailing guests went with us, so I guess you could consider that an elopement.

After we returned from our cruise, we sent out annoucements that actually included a wedding picture of us at sea that said:

Our names

announce their marriage

Sunday the twenty-third of March

Two Thousand Eight

Aboard the Crown Princess

Southern Caribbean

Everyone seems to really like it and enjoyed receiving a memento of our day since they couldn't be there!

Hi,

Try this http://www.paperartistry.ca/invitationwordings.html

Scroll down to announcements-2 -There are some great destination wedding announcements.

Cheers,

Ann

Thank you, Ann! That is a very resourceful website!

My husband and I were married on the Crown Princess in March. No sailing guests went with us, so I guess you could consider that an elopement.

After we returned from our cruise, we sent out announcements that actually included a wedding picture of us at sea that said:

Our names

announce their marriage

Sunday the twenty-third of March

Two Thousand Eight

Aboard the Crown Princess

Southern Caribbean

Everyone seems to really like it and enjoyed receiving a memento of our day since they couldn't be there!

Did you hold a reception afterwards; just curious because we're debating if we will or will not.

We had a hard time deciding what to do afterwards. At first, we were going to have a more traditional reception. Then it was going to be a casual backyard BBQ. In the end, we decided to get our families together for a nice dinner at a local restaurant and just kept it really simple. It worked well for us, but there are so many different ways to celebrate--it just depends on your situation and personality. Good luck with whatever you decide....

Thanks for the great website...

We had kind of a pre wedding one night cruise on the NCL Sun in April and my parents came and also my step daughter and sister in law and her kids and one of my uncles... so that was kind of like our pre-wedding dinner since no one is going with us to hawaii where we are getting married...

We are going to have a party at our house the saturday after we get back for friends to come over and celebrate with us

But the rest of my family is in ireland so i'm planning on picking out the nicest wedding picture i can find and send a nice annoucement and picture to each family :)

Archived