For all those who think Crocs are fugly - WOW!

SarahQ

The look is improving, I'll admit, but I'd still not buy them. Are these styles still made out of plastic? I will not buy plastic shoes - yuck!

I should hope not for the price! ;)

No, they are made of leather, leather lined, cork etc. The only part of the shoe that has the "crocslite" material is the insole. That would be the reason for the high price - the leather and additional natural materials, and I would hope the quality.

Again, I wouldn't spend over $100 on a pair of shoes (nevermind 400, 500, 600 on one pair of shoes!!!), but I'm guessing they aren't necessarily overpriced for what you're getting.

• 5 weeks later...

Note to self: Crocs and "You" by Crocs are BOTH ugly. Didn't see anything there I would put on my feet. Can't believe anyone still makes those gosh awful lace-up-your-leg things. They fall down as soon as you start to walk - unless you wrap them so tight they cut off your circulation!

I don't think these are that new. Look at the web site, all shoes are from a 2007 catalog. I like the colors and some of the styles, but they kind of give off a cartoonish vibe. Almost like Halloween or costume shoes.

I should hope not for the price! ;)

No, they are made of leather, leather lined, cork etc. The only part of the shoe that has the "crocslite" material is the insole. That would be the reason for the high price - the leather and additional natural materials, and I would hope the quality.

Again, I wouldn't spend over $100 on a pair of shoes (nevermind 400, 500, 600 on one pair of shoes!!!), but I'm guessing they aren't necessarily overpriced for what you're getting.

Though I'm one of the original Croc haters, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know what Crocs, as a company, is up to. I find it interesting and thank you for keeping us updated. The company is failing and needs to take steps to recapture business and this is one of their efforts.

I'm not a fan of these new styles either, however, I don't think they're overpriced. For the leather, the technology, the design and engineering that goes into making them comfortable, the price is right in line with other brands of shoes of a similiar level of quality.

Whether some of the people here would pay that price for shoes, is simply personal budgeting. But these shoes are not overpriced by today's pricing typical prices.

Archived