Post cruise in vancouver

I am totally clueless when it comes to vancouver as it will be my first time there so I am calling on all of you who have more experience than I.:)

We will be arriving september 21 at approximately 7 am. Not sure what time we will actually get off the ship. Our flight out of vancouver leaves at 7:45 pm, so we have most of the day to enjoy this beautiful city. I am not sure what we could do in that time frame but we are open to anything.

I was wondering if it would be possible to walk from canada place to stanley park and spend the day there and then get some type of transportation to the airport. That is just 1 scenario that I was thinking of.....Don't know if there is anyway to see the suspension bridge or not during our time there.

thanks for all your help:)

scott

Which ship will you be getting off - I will be at Canada Place myself that day - getting off the Norwegian Star from a one day cruise up from Seattle.

Yes it is an easy walk from Canada Place to Stanley Park but the Park is big - over 1000 acres which makes it bigger than Central Park in NYC and 6 miles to walk all the way around.

I think the free Stanley Park hop on hop off Shuttle runs until that Sunday - will check their web site and post back with the results - if the shuttle is running it is a great way to see the park - you could take it all the way around noting what you might want to see and then getting off the next time around.

UPDATE - YES THE SHUTTLE RUNS UNTIL THAT WEEKEND - Here's there link:

http://vancouver.ca/parks/parks/stanley/shuttle.htm

However, from your screen name would this be a honeymoon trip - if it is there's a more romantic way to see the park and that is with a horse and carriage tour around the park and there is even a free shuttle from Canada Place to the their stop in the Park.

UPDATE - THIS SERVICE IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE - I BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE NEGOTIATING A NEW CONTRACT WITH THE CITY. Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.stanleypark.com

Check your luggage at the Pier - as for the airport - your have a couple of choices - you could taxi - around $35.00 - you could Airporter it - around $15.00 a person or if you don't have too much luggage you could use City Transit - the 98B is a rapid bus that links to the Airport and being a Sunday it is only $2.50 per person.

Hope this helps and I am sure that the other locals on thes boards will have some other suggestions.

Cheers

Dennis

I am totally clueless when it comes to vancouver as it will be my first time there so I am calling on all of you who have more experience than I.:)

We will be arriving september 21 at approximately 7 am. Not sure what time we will actually get off the ship. Our flight out of vancouver leaves at 7:45 pm, so we have most of the day to enjoy this beautiful city. I am not sure what we could do in that time frame but we are open to anything.

I was wondering if it would be possible to walk from canada place to stanley park and spend the day there and then get some type of transportation to the airport. That is just 1 scenario that I was thinking of.....Don't know if there is anyway to see the suspension bridge or not during our time there.

thanks for all your help:)

scott

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm not from Vancouver, but we are getting off our ship at 7:30 am in a couple of weeks and our flight back to Florida doesn't leave until 7:45 pm. This is what we are doing for what it's worth...checking our bags at Canada Place (think they have to be picked back up by 4:00 pm & there is a charge), we have booked a trip through the cruise line (Princess) to go on the Vancouver Trolley & Lookout Tour. The trolley has I think 20 different stops through various parts of the city and you can get on and off at different stops including Stanley Park. We will take the Trolley back to Canada Place, pick up our bags & use the Vancouver Airporter bus to get us to the Vancouver Airport. Hopefully all will go according to plan. Go through the various posts on this board, there is a lot of good information & post your questions - everyone has been very helpful. I don't have the various links right at hand for what I've told you, but if you read through the posts you will see the links for Canada Place, Vancouver Trolley & the Airporter bus. Have fun!

Just to add to what the others have said:

• I am assuming you will be flying back to NY, so you will need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight
  • If you are planning to use luggage storage at Canada Place (CDS baggage), remember that they close at 4PM.
  • You can certainly take the HOHO Trolley tour of Vancouver, and it will take about 2-2.5 hours if you do not get off at any of the stops. I would say take advantage of the stops and make sure to stop in Gastown, Stanley Park, and Granville Island and explore each of them a little bit more. You can end your tour at Canada Place to pick up your bags then can catch a cab, a limo, the airporter, or walk the 5 minutes to take public transit.
  • You can do the Suspension bridge if you only do the 2.5 hour trolley tour; HOWEVER, I personally would just pass on the suspension bridge and see all the other sights instead. It might just be too much hassle making your way to the north shore on transit, pay $26 each only to walk over a suspension bridge. But then again, that is JMHO; your priorities might be totally different.

Archived