Scavenger Hunt & Quest

Just returned from our cruise on the Aventure of the Seas. We purchased the photo and expert scavenger hunts for cruises on vacationscavengerhunt and had a great time with them throughout the week. It really added to our vacation by putting us in situations to meet new people and learning more about our cruise. We also went to Quest, did not participate, but it was fun to watch. Very entertaining indeed!

Yes, a friend of mine told me about it. It is a website at vacationscavengerhunt - (not sure if you are allowed to give the address??)I think it is fairly new and they just added a Cruise Ship hunt about a week before we left for San Juan. I figured that I would rather pay a nominal fee to have someone else do the work for us in coming up with a hunt - this way everyone in our group could play and no one had the upper hand so to speak. We were on the cruise in a large group and just split up into teams each with a captain. They let you submit your scores when you get back home and will post them on their site. We havent had time to get all of our scores over yet, but they have posted the ones we submitted. I also had a coupon code for $1.00 off (lowers it to $5.99) not sure if it still works or not but you can give it a try. You key in CC865 in the coupon box at checkout. Have Fun!

I checked out the scavenger hunt and it looks interesting. Which hunt did you do? I was thinking of ordering the photo hunt as my husband is an avid photographer. I thought it might be fun to go against him. Also, what is the quest?

The scavenger hunt is a great idea! Our M&M group did a cabin crawl an poker run on our cruise in March and we had a really good time. When we get closer to our next cruise I may see if anybody on my Roll Call would be interested in a scavenger hunt and try to put a list together.

Quest is an adult oriented show that involves the passengers that occurred one night of our cruise. We didn't participate in it, but watching was even more fun. Let's just say it involves switching clothing items with other people and such. Not for kids.

I did the "photo" hunt and the "expert" hunt from vacationscavengerhunt,com . The photo one had us take different pictures of specific situations while we are on the cruise. Some of the scenarios were hilarious. I am so glad to have those pictures now. The "expert" hunt consist of items to collect, specific photos to take and the questions about the cruise ship that we had to find the answers to. It was a lot of fun, enabled us to meet other passengers and learn about our cruise at the same time. It just gave us an extra, affordable activity to do through the course of our cruise. From what I understand, the "basic" one is the one that is easiest and most kid friendly.

I also forgot to mention, that it came with a free "road trip" hunt, but since we flew into San Juan, we did not use it. I could definitely see where a family traveling in the car with kids would find it beneficial :)

Larry,

Thank you so much for posting the information about the vacationscavengerhunt website. We have a large group cruising in Sept. and I have been in charge of all the planning and am a bit overwhelmed. I went on to the site and purchased the photo hunt and the expert, as soon as I paid via Pay Pal, they emailed me a link to download the hunts. They are exactly what I was looking for and I would gladly pay their fee not to have to do the extra work on this :D

By the way, the coupon code that you listed still worked;)

Thank you again Larry, for saving me some valuable time!!

Larry,

Sorry to bother you. One more question, I bought the hunts off the vacationscavengerhunt site. I saw your name listed with your scores (way to go!!!) anyway, how did you get your scores on to the website? I see on my forms where it says to go back to the site, but do you post them somewhere ? Thanks for your help. We love all of the funny pictures to take on the photo hunt and will enjoy this on our Med cruise later this year.

Harlow,

No problem, I am happy to help. When you get back, you just go back to the website and click the "submit your score" tab at the top of the page and it gives you a place to email your ship, date, type of hunt and score. Of course it is up to you if you want your "name in lights" but you do not have to submit it if you do not want to. You are on the "honor system" with your scoring. I think it is great for parents with children to teach them to score themselves fairly and also I am sure the kids get a kick out of seeing their name on the website. But this big kid enjoyed it too:D

PS> didn't you love the one on the photo hunt about the "chair hogs"?!? They worded a little more professional, but I understood what they were getting at. I loved taking my time during the week to find the perfect photo for that one! Believe me, there were plently of opportunities!

Harlow,

No problem, I am happy to help. When you get back, you just go back to the website and click the "submit your score" tab at the top of the page and it gives you a place to email your ship, date, type of hunt and score. Of course it is up to you if you want your "name in lights" but you do not have to submit it if you do not want to. You are on the "honor system" with your scoring. I think it is great for parents with children to teach them to score themselves fairly and also I am sure the kids get a kick out of seeing their name on the website. But this big kid enjoyed it too:D

PS> didn't you love the one on the photo hunt about the "chair hogs"?!? They worded it a little more professional, but I understood what they were getting at. I loved taking my time during the week to find the perfect photo for that one! Believe me, there were plently of opportunities!

Archived