Carnival Pride Cat. 8G room question and...

garyhartaz

We have a guarenteed room in category 8G, cabin 7170. What can we expect at this location view wise from our balcony? The website says that 8G is an extended balcony cabin...Does anyone have a picture of that?

This will be our first cruise so any pointers or recommended things to do on the way down and in Mexico are appreciated. :D

Cheers,

Gary and Adrienne

www.garyhart.com

All of the cat 8 cabins on the Pride look alike. You can see what a cat 8 cabin looks like by following my pic link below. There are two different kind of balconies in the cat 8 cabins... standard and extended. The standard are 4 X 10 and the extended are 6 X 10. There are 5 or 6 other cat 8 cabins on the Pride with unusually long balconies, but yours is not one of them.

I highly suggest you go in a day early for your cruise. Mexico was a fun cruise to do, and I would do it again. I recommend doing Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. You can find her info and pics here:

http://www.mazinfo.com/xxhorsebackride/index.htm

beachgrp1.jpg

I don't know about your balcony but your room is mid/aft ship port side and two floors below the lido deck :D

When are you going?

Ditto on Randi's. Make sure you also go to the Mexican Riviera boards here. CC'rs have lots of ideas and helpful hints.

It was our first cruise and everyone here helped alot.

I don't know about your balcony but your room is mid/aft ship port side and two floors below the lido deck :D

When are you going?

Ditto on Randi's. Make sure you also go to the Mexican Riviera boards here. CC'rs have lots of ideas and helpful hints.

It was our first cruise and everyone here helped alot.

We are leaving on Oct 17 and I can't wait.

Thanks for the heads-up on the other forums......BTW my grandparents live in Paxton....Small world...

All of the cat 8 cabins on the Pride look alike. You can see what a cat 8 cabin looks like by following my pic link below. There are two different kind of balconies in the cat 8 cabins... standard and extended. The standard are 4 X 10 and the extended are 6 X 10. There are 5 or 6 other cat 8 cabins on the Pride with unusually long balconies, but yours is not one of them.

I highly suggest you go in a day early for your cruise. Mexico was a fun cruise to do, and I would do it again. I recommend doing Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. You can find her info and pics here:

http://www.mazinfo.com/xxhorsebackride/index.htm

According to the booking I should have the extended balcony according to the reservation line and their website. I hope that is the case.....

Thanks for the suggestion on the horseback riding. That looks relaxing and fun. We are going in a day before the cruise, mostly because AWA could only get us there on free seats that day......Why the suggestion on getting in a day early?

Cheers,

Gary & Adrienne

www.garyhart.com

• 4 weeks later...

How do you know what cabin number you will be in. I thought guarantee means you have to accept any cabin that you are assigned. I know nothing about guarantee. Can you choose the deck and either the front, mid, or back?

How do you know what cabin number you will be in. I thought guarantee means you have to accept any cabin that you are assigned. I know nothing about guarantee. Can you choose the deck and either the front, mid, or back?

It just means that they were a guarantee and then were assigned their room number. You cannot have any say in where your room is located other than for example if you purchase an 8A guarantee you will get nothing less than an 8A. Hope this helps.

garyhartaz~ hope your cruise was great!

Thanks for the information on the guarantee. Since I am a new cruiser I am not sure that I would want to be in the front or the back of the ship because of the motion, otherwise it would be fun to do it one time, maybe we will, have to think about that.

Archived