How much weight did you gain on a cruise?

AandBmom

Our cruise coincided with the heat wave in the Med last year.

Even with coming back to the ship and having a plate of fries and onion rings while waiting for dinner I still managed to lose 1 and a half kilos while on holidays. Paula also tells me I was drinking a lot more water while walking around. We only got to the gym on the at sea days and that probably helped as well.

The best outcome from the trip was that I came back with the attitude that it was time to get the weight down. With careful eating and lots of exercise I have gone from 145 kg before the trip to 106 kg now and still losing it (just a lot slower over the last few months).

Now I look forward to the long days of sightseeing on our next trip not having to rest at frequent intervals.

David

I make it a point to take the stairs for the most part........off sets the beer consumption. ;) :D

You're not allowed to say that word:cool:

You're not allowed to say that word:cool:

lmao,

In the past I have gained 8-10 pounds each trip. I plan to not gain as much this trip in 3 weeks on Glory. I plan to use the Gym some and be more active. Not planning on cutting down on the drinkin' however.

I can honestly say I've never gained on a cruise. I always take the stairs and do quite a bit of walking the decks. There's also a lot of swimming/snorkeling in ports. Activity keeps the pounds away.

Like many others, we use stairs and do a walk around the decks after meals. Plus with limited time and much to do, we are more [constantly] active on a ship. And these days, in the buffet I always see foods that I would like after I've filled my plate. I plan to make another trip thru the line for them, but never do. One trip is always more than enough. No willpower, just full. I drop 2 to 5lbs. on a cruise. I wish Carnival had continuous outside Promenade decks on their ships like other lines do.

Dan

Dear Lord, let me please be one who will lose weight on the ship. I really don't think I can handle anymore lbs. I'm about 20lbs overweight but, not yet obese. I have "issues" which make me slow to lose. I think I'll stay away from all sugar and carbs besides 1 dessert/ night. Well...that's my plan.

My BF is on the other hand is very slim, I'm hoping to plump him up a little. My main concern is the amount of walking, I don't know if his lil' bitty legs can handle it. I literally walk all day at work so I know I will be fine but, he complains of leg pain after walking maybe 30-45mins short while.

I can pretty much eat whatever, whenever and in whatever quantities I want.

I also fall in the I don't loose or gain weight no matter what i do... however I'm a big girl who cannot seem to loose weight no matter what, but luckily I don't gain when I over eat! Now I have a very restricted diet (celiac disease), so i can't eat what ever I want. But whatever i do eat.. never effects my weight!

Archived