Day Rooms in FLL or MIA

Seatravelers

Quick question for all of those living in or near these to great cities. We are debarking in Miami and have a late afternoon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale and were wondering if anyone knew if any hotels on or very near the beach that had day rooms??? It would be great to sleep in a little on the last morning and then nap on the beach all day before flying home, don't you think??? Thanks in advance to any assistance on this subject....

Smooth sailing everyone:)

Quick question for all of those living in or near these to great cities. We are debarking in Miami and have a late afternoon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale and were wondering if anyone knew if any hotels on or very near the beach that had day rooms??? It would be great to sleep in a little on the last morning and then nap on the beach all day before flying home, don't you think??? Thanks in advance to any assistance on this subject....

Smooth sailing everyone:)

Has NO ONE ever gotten a day room in FLL or MIA before a late flight home after the cruise????

Hi Seatravelers,

We, too, live in Germantown, TN. Wonder if we are neighbors. We live in Dogwood Creek. Would certainly like to meet you and talk cruises since it looks like you are a cruise veteran, too. We always have that late flight out of FLL and were wondering about a day room also. Once we rented a car and drove up to Palm Beach and surrounding areas, stopped and shopped and had a nice lunch, just for something to do rather than sit at the airport all day. I will let you know if I find any rooms in FLL or MIA. ;)

Can't speak for Miami but beach hotels in Ft Lauderdale do not offer day rooms.

Thanks Bequia for the info, too bad though. BTW, appreciate you web site on Ft. Lauderdale....

Cruisertn - what a small world, we live in Dogwood Trails neighborhood. We definitely would like to get together and talk cruises at some point in the near future. You can email us at luvrccl@yahoo.com.

Guess we will have to continue the research on day rooms or do the car rental thing again, too. Just refuse to sit in the airport all day this time...

ttyl

Marcia

Thanks Bequia for the info, too bad though. BTW, appreciate you web site on Ft. Lauderdale....

Cruisertn - what a small world, we live in Dogwood Trails neighborhood. We definitely would like to get together and talk cruises at some point in the near future. You can email us at luvrccl@hotmail.com

Guess we will have to continue the research on day rooms or do the car rental thing again, too. Just refuse to sit in the airport all day this time...

ttyl

Marcia

note email address correction

69[/quote

We will be coming to FLl next year for our cruise and have been looking at hotels. We thought the Holiday inn Express by Port Everglades might be a good place to stay. Can you give me your thoughts? How is the area?

Thanks

We will be coming to FLl next year for our cruise and have been looking at hotels. We thought the Holiday inn Express by Port Everglades might be a good place to stay. Can you give me your thoughts? How is the area?

Thanks

THE HIX is fine for a night. Conveniant location to shops, restaurants, Sun Trolley and Water Taxi. Safe area, caters to the tourist and conventioneer.

I just got a room for the day at the "Sea Beach Plaza [954-761-1777] this past March. It took some convincing but she finally agreed. It's not really the type of hotel we would SLEEP in [ but I might in a pinch] it was quite clean and within walking distance of most things and a block from Ft. Lauderdale beach! Her normal nightly rate was starting at $89.00- I convinced her to let us have it for $59.00 , but we had to be out by 3:00 pm [ our flight was at 6:00 pm to Canada so this was great! I informed her that she could still rent it for the day. We weren't going to use the bed , we just wanted to drop our luggage off and then return later in the day. We would refresh in the bathroom and then be on our way. At one point we thought this is crazy renting this room - and not using it! We both were so glad we did. We met with others who waited at the airport from 10:00 am until 6:00 and were cranky. We dropped our luggage off at 10:15 am and then went for a walk on the beach and then took a bus to the Galleria Mall for the day and then headed back to freshen up. She called a cab for us and we were off to the airport. We really felt we had an extra day in Florida!:D

Archived