First Time Cruiser Questions

I dont know anything about the seapass and travelers checks.

As for transfers, take a taxi instead if its from Ft. Lauderdale. If you take transfers, its more expensive and you have to wait for the other flights to come in to fill up the bus before you can go to the ship. We did that once and wasted about an hour sitting around the airport. With a taxi, you just hop in and are on the ship in minutes. There is no waiting.

You can use what ever form of payment you like to settle up your bill at the end of the week. Useing Tr Ck's just means that you will get to stand in line to do so.

We have used the transfers and hailed our own taxi, both have worked fine, personal preferance.

Here how I worked my sea pass account. First thing after boarding the ship I went to the pursers desk and put $500.00 in travelers checks down on my account. I kinda kept up with what I spent and if I needed to go add more $$, I went back to the pursers desk. On the last night I checked to see when the pursers desk closed, and right before it closed I settled up and closed my account. We could not use our sea pass cards for any more purchases but that late at night & the next am who cares " I didn't have to fight the long lines waiting to close accounts"

Enjoy your cruise, Don't worry to much about the little things!

We were on the Enchantment last year. The port is only about 10 - 15 minutes from the airport and we would highly recommend taking a taxi instead of waiting until the ship shuttles fill up (loading both people and luggage), and then go to port only to have to wait until your luggage is unloaded (usually after everyone else's). Just our humble opinion.

Steve

I would not do RCCL transfers over a taxi. Taxis and so much easier and less hassle. I have waited up to an hour for them to load a bus. Then 30 minutes to get the luggage off. No fun :( If possible I suggest a taxi. Most of the time they are cheaper anyways.

The only thing I know about "cash" seapasses is once your account is settled, you can't use that account anymore. So if you meet up with friends and want to party away your last night (like we ALWAYS do) you can't use your seapass and the bars will not take cash for drinks. We always run up quite a bill that last night, and we enjoy every minute of it :)

Bobbie

PS the Enchantment is a GREAT ship.

Here is the link to my pics....

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/enchantment_of_the/page3.html

Archived