Saphire Beach ~ Taxi

FL LuluBelle

snorkleing was good, but the beach is just beautiful!! check out my st. thomas video in my signature for some good shots of Saphire Beach.

Eric, great video ~ wish I was there right now.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Be careful with how long it takes, especially coming back. In low traffic it may be 20-30 minutes. We were there couple of weeks ago and almost missed the ship. We got picked up 30 minutes late due to traffic and it took us about 1 hr 20 minutes to get back. We were the only ship in port (Havensight) on that day. I can't imagine what the traffic would be with more ships.

Be careful with how long it takes, especially coming back. In low traffic it may be 20-30 minutes. We were there couple of weeks ago and almost missed the ship. We got picked up 30 minutes late due to traffic and it took us about 1 hr 20 minutes to get back. We were the only ship in port (Havensight) on that day. I can't imagine what the traffic would be with more ships.

NoVa, thanks for your tip ~ I would surely hate to miss my ship:eek: .

FL LuluBelle

I did a review on Sapphire beach

Here's the link in case you want to read it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610217

As for the taxi, you can arrange for the taxi driver who brought you there to pick you up at a certain time.

However, ours came early and left before us.

Another taxi was waiting for passengers and we were able to catch a ride with them.

Just make sure the taxi is near full, otherwise you'll be waiting and waiting until the driver has a full cab.

Which days of the week have low/moderate traffic? We will be there on a Tuesday from 8:00am to 6:00pm.....what should we expect?

Depends on how many ships are in port. Check a schedule for the month you are visiting. More ships = more traffic around the cruise docks and downtown.

--Islander

Archived