Public Transportation from FLL to Miami

cruzin23

For my January 2005 cruise out of Miami, I decided to fly into FLL because it was much cheaper. However, now I am having trouble finding a cheap way to Miami from FLL. We are going a day early, so the cruise line transfers won't help.

Options such as taking a taxi or limo service seem to be pretty expensive (plus I'm too young to rent a car) so I was just wondering if anybody ever took the public transportation services (Tri-Rail, MetroRail, MetroMover, etc) to get from FLL to their hotel in Miami. I had looked into it and it's super cheap, just though I'd like to get some input from anybody who had any experience with it...

Thanks!

I agree with the above poster...stay in FLL at an airport hotel (since most of them have free shuttle service fromt he airport. Use biddingfortravel for a cheap place. In the morning head back to the airport and take the shuttle.
BUT- for what the shuttle will cost I am sure you can find a town car to get you back and forth. try [url]www.larryslimo.com[/url] and see what they will charge for just a car.

to take the tri rail you will need a lot of patience. You will walk there from the airport carrying your luggage. Take the train all the way to Miami then grab a cab to get you to the Hotel..(unless you stay at the Wynham which is right across the street)

then on the way back get off the ship- take a cab to the tri rail. one way is less then 5 bucks. look over the site and see if its for you
[url]http://www.tri-rail.com/system_map/index.htm#[/url]

also the train does not ride every hour...so chec k this schedule to see how it adds up with your flights...you may have to wait an hour or two for the next train. [url]http://www.tri-rail.com/schedules_fares/stm_wend.htm[/url]

what time is your flighthome? trains leave Miami at 9:13 Dont even think you could catch that train) or 11:13 ( yes) which will put you in the FLL airport around noon

Archived