Balmoral 26th August changed Itinerary

Just been advised of a major change in this itinerary - British Isles and Ireland.

First call Invergordon - full day- second call Kirkwall, half a day only. Belfast on third day, afternoon and evening, then the original itinerary.

This is a major disappointment, no call Isle of Skye, no call Isle of Man and now only half a day in Kirkwall, Orkneys.

Has anyone got any information as to why this major change is to take place. It's taken the heart out of this cruise.

Neville

What a disappointment ,they would have been tender calls ,although they can dock at Kirkwall as long as no one else has booked the berth before Olsen.

If the sea conditions were poor you wouldn,t have been stopping anyway.Perhaps you can get a full refund if you cancel ,ask your TA.

Fred Olsen seem to be changing and cancelling a lot of cruise itineries this year, maybee suffering from the credit crunch?

A lot of the ships are not filling up and they are having to offer ridiculous prices i.e. we have just paid under £500 for a 11day sailing to Europe inclusive of flights!

By cancelling ports of call they save port charges and also the longer you stay on the ship the more money they will make on drinks etc.:cool:

It's one thing dropping ports when you are on the cruise, but to drop significant ports like this is very disappointing. I'm sure that there will be many who share my feelings about this particular cruise.

Neville

I've just spoken to FO who said this info was not in the public domain yet but confirmed we would be receiving a letter this week. I am really upset as we called to upgrade our cabin this weekend and were not advised of the changes. We particularly wanted to go to the Isles of Skye & Man so will be seriously considering cancelling unless there is a further discount on offer.

Archived