Privacy with extended balcony???

max&toni

Hello, I am cruising on Carnival Pride Dec 14 and the best I could do with past guest special is an extended balcony cabin on Upper deck. I heard there isn't much privacy with extended balcony. Is that true??

Thanks!

Hello, I am cruising on Carnival Pride Dec 14 and the best I could do with past guest special is an extended balcony cabin on Upper deck. I heard there isn't much privacy with extended balcony. Is that true??

Thanks!

Extended on the front of the ship(upper deck)?

We had these on the Miracle and LOVED them.....

from above the bridge.......

2115475740089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

the balcony.....

2392460190089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

with the divider open....

2172630030089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2608630080089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

Craig and Lorraine, these photos are terrific. Thanks so much!

Happy cruising everyone!

I saw your other thread about only getting a 2 cat upgrade.........so you booked guarantee and were given the 8C upper forward?

For what it's worth........I booked a year out for my last Miracle and turned down upgrades to stay in these cabins. Given the opportunity to go on a Spirit class again, I'd try my best to get these cabins again.

Keep in mind that on the Spirit class as the categories go up.......B-C, D-E, F-G, H-I they are alternating between extended(marked in red) and non extended.

So you booked guar and were given a 2 cat C upper deck extended.........to me this would be better than a 5 cat upgrade giving you a 8F standard balcony just up 2 decks. I don't think higher letter is always bettter. Of the extended balconies I actually prefer the C because the balcony is bigger than the other extended (the angle of the glass) AND...they aren't above the lifeboats and you can not get stuck next to a wall........

marvel99.jpg

We didn't have any problems in the C with noise from below or from camp just down the hall. And it was very convenient to take the non-busy forward elevators to decks 5, 2, 3 or 9

Now if you have an aft cabin above the wake...that's a whole different story and I haven't stayed back there.......yet.

Archived