Finally booked!

born'4'cruisin

We booked our first family cruise (not my and dh's first but the kids first). DH booked us on the Explorer of the seas 9night E. Caribbean march 09! We are gifting it to the kids for Christmas, so they don't know....but *I* can't wait!

Anyone been on this cruise with maybe a 3 and 6 year old? [ages of the kiddos at time of cruising!]

I know I will be here a lot, and have PLENTY of time to research, but any advice is welcome!

Congratulations, your kids will have a great time on Explorer. We've been on Mariner (sister to Explorer) and had a great time watching the kids on the ship. They all had so much fun!

It's always nice to see families vacationing and enjoying time together. It reminds us of all the good things in life that really matter. Have a wonderful time!

We booked our first family cruise (not my and dh's first but the kids first). DH booked us on the Explorer of the seas 9night E. Caribbean march 09! We are gifting it to the kids for Christmas' date=' so they don't know....but *I* can't wait!

Anyone been on this cruise with maybe a 3 and 6 year old? [ages of the kiddos at time of cruising!']

I know I will be here a lot, and have PLENTY of time to research, but any advice is welcome!

The first cruise we were on was for my sister's wedding. My son had just turned 4. My nephew was not in the same age range so he could not participate in the children's program with my son. This was on the Celebrity Zenith (no longer around. :( )That was it for my son, he wanted nothing to do with the kids program. He did have a blast though and he enjoyed being with the family.

His second cruise, it was this past October and he was six. This time it was just the two of us. We sailed on the Golden Princess to Mexico. He loved the kids program and again had a blast.

Now his third cruise is a little less than a month away. He is so looking forward to it. This will be with Carnival on the Miracle. It is my first time with Carnival but I have heard good things about both the Miracle and the kids program.

If you are interested, I would participate on the Roll Call for your sailing. I have found it very informational. I already know that there are kids his age on this sailing. We booked an excursion and turns out one of the people there with a daughter my son's age is also going on the same excursion. We are also planning on doing something in San Juan together and maybe Tortola. It works out great for me since it is typically only my son and I.

Good luck and I am sure you and your kids are going to have a great time.:D

The first time we cruised with our kids, they were 3/12 and 6. They loved cruising! DD (6) wanted to be in Adventure Ocean all the time. DS wasn't that interested so he preferred to stay with us. He even ate late seating dinner with us and loved it and all the attention from our head waiter!

A few months later we cruised again and DS wanted to go to Adventure Ocean every time it was open. Neither of the kids were in the same group because of their ages, but they were in the same area.

We cruise again with them in a few weeks and they can't wait! We're taking them in December also but it's a surprise packaged with Disney World!

Our kids completely love cruising! They are now 7 1/2 and almost 5.

Archived