Cozumel WED 05/28

scubashelly

My husband and I will be coming into Cozumel on May 28 on the Carnival Legend, but were wondering if anyone has already chartered a dive boat in Cozumel and has extra space for 2 divers or if anyone would be interested in getting one together? Either that or if anyone knows of a diver operation that operates a morning dive after we dock (10am EST)? Since we get into port past the morning dive times, we've had a heck of a time trying to find a dive operator who will take us out without use of a private charter which would run about $350 for just the two of us! Although we are both very comfortable in the water, we are relatively novice divers with only about 10 dives under our belt - Catalina, Moorea and Bora Bora. We're pretty reluctant to use Carnival's excursion operator, Sand Dollar Sports after reading all the negative reviews, but will for the sake of diving :). Thanks!

Hello scubashelly, I just got certified last June, so not alote of experience diving or with dive operators, but I had an awesome time diving with Adora in Cozumel, My wife and I came in on the Freedom of the seas. I took a cab to the Aldora dive shop and they took my gear to the boat, they loaded it on, they got it ready. On the boat, only four paying costumers, a driver, and a dive guide thats it. The guide ask about our dive experience and I had the least, so he said we would dive to my level, and told me to stay close to him and I did. We went down 80 feet, about 45 minutes into the dive my tank got to 750 psi. The guide handed me a regulator from his tank and I used it until we got to 25 foot and then switched back to mine. I had a great time and felt safe.

Anyway, I only told you this story, so you would know what a good dive company this is. Kevin (WWW.ALDORA.COM)

P.S. Good luck with whomever you choose.

If you are so concerned about times and stuff, there is always the excursion through the cruise line. I know it's not the best option, usually a bit more expensive, but they will work with your schedule for the ship.

Hello scubashelly, I just got certified last June, so not alote of experience diving or with dive operators, but I had an awesome time diving with Adora in Cozumel, My wife and I came in on the Freedom of the seas. I took a cab to the Aldora dive shop and they took my gear to the boat, they loaded it on, they got it ready. On the boat, only four paying costumers, a driver, and a dive guide thats it. The guide ask about our dive experience and I had the least, so he said we would dive to my level, and told me to stay close to him and I did. We went down 80 feet, about 45 minutes into the dive my tank got to 750 psi. The guide handed me a regulator from his tank and I used it until we got to 25 foot and then switched back to mine. I had a great time and felt safe.

Anyway, I only told you this story, so you would know what a good dive company this is. Kevin (WWW.ALDORA.COM)

P.S. Good luck with whomever you choose.

TINNERSTOOTH -

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out Aldora's site!

Try Manta Raya - sometimes they can pickup extra folk in the afternoon.

My husband and I will be coming into Cozumel on May 28 on the Carnival Legend, but were wondering if anyone has already chartered a dive boat in Cozumel and has extra space for 2 divers or if anyone would be interested in getting one together? Either that or if anyone knows of a diver operation that operates a morning dive after we dock (10am EST)? Since we get into port past the morning dive times, we've had a heck of a time trying to find a dive operator who will take us out without use of a private charter which would run about $350 for just the two of us! Although we are both very comfortable in the water, we are relatively novice divers with only about 10 dives under our belt - Catalina, Moorea and Bora Bora. We're pretty reluctant to use Carnival's excursion operator, Sand Dollar Sports after reading all the negative reviews, but will for the sake of diving :). Thanks!

Talk to Cristina Roman. She is very accommodating to divers schedules and can usually adjust to the cruise ships. We use her every time we are in Coz. About 200 dives so far. She's the best.

divewithcristina.com

Archived