Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Carnival (CCL) has had a nice run this last year with the economy improving and more people cruising. Rumor on the street is that CCL is ripe to increase its dividend, hence it has gone up nicely this week. 100 shares will cost about $4,800 at the bell Monday morning. However the $250 OBC will give you about a 5% discount.

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival (CCL) has had a nice run this last year with the economy improving and more people cruising. Rumor on the street is that CCL is ripe to increase its dividend, hence it has gone up nicely this week. 100 shares will cost about $4,800 at the bell Monday morning. However the $250 OBC will give you about a 5% discount.

And to think that I bought their shares at $30.37, have already had at least two dividend payments plus $250 OBC on my last cruise. One of my better investments :D

I found this advice somewhere else on CC and it had never occurred to me. Interesting suggestion:

>"My suggestion for anyone taking a taxi ANYWHERE in the world... as you step into the taxi, take your phone and take a picture of the taxi driver's licence. It's a lot more intimidating for them to do anything when you have a picture of their licence to hand in as proof of who it was when you need to make a complaint."

I found this advice somewhere else on CC and it had never occurred to me. Interesting suggestion:

>"My suggestion for anyone taking a taxi ANYWHERE in the world... as you step into the taxi, take your phone and take a picture of the taxi driver's licence. It's a lot more intimidating for them to do anything when you have a picture of their licence to hand in as proof of who it was when you need to make a complaint."

Super idea Jane! We then probably would still have our brand new video camera with the irreplaceable film of our 30st anniversary voyage together with our children on the Seabourn Sun.....:rolleyes:

Marja

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Why We Travel' by Paul Theroux

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/travel/03Cover.html?smid=tw-nytimestravel&seid=auto

Just realized this will probably be in the Travel section, which for me, arrives on Saturday along with the Magazine and Arts sections. NOt sure how the new charging system will affect viewing, but I think most people get 20 articles for free if you don't have a subscription. For me, I get the Saturday and Sunday papers. I cannot imagine cuddling up on the sofa listening to the opera and not having the puzzle in my hands to work. TMI???

Edited by JaneBP
Addenda

• 2 weeks later...