Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Posted by Seabourn on it's FB page:

>"Smart Money magazine is doing a story on what empty nesters are doing with their freedom. We're looking for 2-3 guests/couples who are recent empty nesters (in the last 5 years), and who’ve sailed on Seabourn more than once. If you fit this bill & are interested in speaking with the magazine, please send us your contact info to community@seabourn.com. We’re looking for guests by the end of this week. Thank you!"

• 2 weeks later...

I swear by eBags 'Mother Lode' line... they come in 21", 25" & 29'' and are virtually indestructible. They hold an amazing amount of 'stuff' yet are light enough to be maneuvered around tight spaces. I haven't tried the 29" as it looks so big but I'm on my second set of 21 and 25 inch bags.

Lola... wanted to respond to your message but the thread was locked by the time I got back to it. The monsoons are patchy this year but when they do hit they're fiercer than I can ever remember them being!

lynn

I swear by eBags 'Mother Lode' line... they come in 21", 25" & 29'' and are virtually indestructible. They hold an amazing amount of 'stuff' yet are light enough to be maneuvered around tight spaces. I haven't tried the 29" as it looks so big but I'm on my second set of 21 and 25 inch bags.

Lola... wanted to respond to your message but the thread was locked by the time I got back to it. The monsoons are patchy this year but when they do hit they're fiercer than I can ever remember them being!

lynn

We just went thru a BIGGY..more water than I have ever seen here within a 45 minute period...my husband fell down pushing his golf cart in it..and came in with beau coup injuries. Just got back from Urgent Care..several stitches and much scrubbing. He swears that it all happened in a bar fight..yup..at 81 young years. :D

Hi

You could have a look at Antler.

Antler

BagWorld Australia

I did a fair bit of research mainly through the Flight / Aviation Forums

before purchasing Antler as our other set of luggage had been around

the World 20 times and was time to retire them.

Ended up with

Antler Aeon Air Cabin Wheel Duffle

Antler Aeon Air Flight Bag with sleeve to fit over duffle handle

Antler Aeon Air Luggage 53cm x 2

Antler Aeon Air Luggage 66cm x 1

The 53 cm will fit inside the 66 cm

The Antler Aeon Air Luggage 73cm is a bit big and could be problematic

on some flights if you are not Business Class or above

In what I would regard an extreme case ( like a long boat trip )

the above combination can still be towed around by 2 persons. :o

Lola...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's 'monsoon misadventure' and hope he is recuperating nicely. We got slammed too but thank heavens I had all the doors bolted and computers disconnected!

Have you been on the Pride recently? I'm on the September 3 Baltic cruise and as I haven't been on the ship for 7 years am wondering if she has been kept tidy and ship-shape... don't mind at all that she's no longer young, neither am I!;)

lynn

Lola...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's 'monsoon misadventure' and hope he is recuperating nicely. We got slammed too but thank heavens I had all the doors bolted and computers disconnected!

Have you been on the Pride recently? I'm on the September 3 Baltic cruise and as I haven't been on the ship for 7 years am wondering if she has been kept tidy and ship-shape... don't mind at all that she's no longer young, neither am I!;)

lynn

No we have not been on the Pride in a while..the Legend is our Lady. These old gals are doing great though...still our choice. Unlike me..they do not get more wrinkles each year.:eek:

Jane, do you or any other traveler have a recommendation on luggage...one that is very lightweight. We have had our Hartmans so long and we need to replace the large one that is wonderful but is too big and weighs too much. Does anyone have a recommendation? I have some of Rick Steves that I have had for 10 years and still using but my husband needs a lighter weight and not so bigIIII

I just love my TUMI....love it!:D

The only problem is that the masses might see these offers and get onboard.:D

IMO Seabourn will have an over capacity problem in 2012/2013 and pressure to fill ships which should bring down rates.:D;):D

IMO Seabourn will have an over capacity problem in 2012/2013 and pressure to fill ships which should bring down rates.:D;):D

Yes you are right but it does not help a luxury line that needs to keep the standards high,it could possibly ruin a luxury line that has to cut costs to survive.

I think that prices should be higher so that the standards do not slip,but over capacity is going to be the real test and not just for Seabourn,Silversea are also giving their cruises away at present.

Oceania is in a good position now as they are just below the luxury level but with good new ships.