Back from 5-11 to 5/18 Legend Cruise, Any Questions?

Quick question, which company did you book the cave tubing from? Was it by chance cave-tubing.com? I am actually looking into doing the ATV and cave tubing excursion from them. I want some feedback on them, and if they are trustworthy, etc. Did whatever company you take get you back with plenty of time to the boat? Basically, overall I would like more information on the cave tubing. I am going on this cruise in a few months.

My father is interested in snorkeling in belize... I dont know, I suppose a lot of this will be answered in your full review.

Yhony (cave-tubing.com) are very very trustworthy. They have doing this many many years and I can not ever recall them missing the ship. We had friends who did both the ATV and cave tubing and loved it. A lady and her daughter did them both...but if you do that...you only get to go through one cave instead of two....since you are ATVing while the first cave is being done.

You email Yhony to make your reservation. No credit card info is needed to make the reservation. Yhony will email you a confirmation with instructions to bring with you. If you tender into the dock on the Harbor View side, you will walk to the end and go through Terminal One. You will have to walk through Carnival groups waiting to take their tour. Once to go through the door to the street...Yhony is right there waiting for your with a huge white sign with everyone's name on it.

You don't even pay for the trip until you are on the way back to the ship. So I guess they really trust people. You do have to pay in cash only. They collect it on the bus on the ride back.

Tell him that LHP from Cruise Critic said HI!!!

I second the vote for cavetubing.com. The tour guides are very entertaining and they work so hard. The guides gave us some history on Belize while driving there. They brought cashew wine for us to try and showed us the cashew fruit and told us how to get cashew nuts and how to make wine. The hike to the water is a little long and the guys carried the tubes for the ladies. They were very nice to chat with. While tubing they connected the group into two chains and they actually pulled us through the caves so we could sit back and relax. Being together we were able to hear our guide as he pointed out different cave formations, bats, etc. Further, no one got left behind. (our friend got separated from Major Tom's tour and our guide had to help her out of the cave). I'm glad they pulled/pushed us through at the slow parts because the water level is quite low right now and one can get sort of stopped up at certain parts where there's no rapid and I'm glad I didn't have to paddle my own butt out of there. As mentioned earlier, payment was cash after the tour. Great day!

Note they do a 9:15 tour and a 10am, to catch the 9:15 one, you need to get off the boat on the 8:30 tender or around there, so you need to head to the follies lounge early (8ish) to get a number with the Carnival excursion people - don't listen to the capers that make it sound like you have to wait until 10am to get off the ship.

Awesome. I think my entire group has basically decided to go the ATV/Cave tubing route. I mean seriously, who could pass up a chance to go ATV'ing in a rainforest, and then tube down a river through caves and such?

Ok, another question... anyone know anything about belize hot sauce and where would be a good place to get it? I have heard that belize is supposed to have some incredibly hot hot sauce. I could be wrong, just curious.

Awesome. I think my entire group has basically decided to go the ATV/Cave tubing route. I mean seriously, who could pass up a chance to go ATV'ing in a rainforest, and then tube down a river through caves and such?

Ok, another question... anyone know anything about belize hot sauce and where would be a good place to get it? I have heard that belize is supposed to have some incredibly hot hot sauce. I could be wrong, just curious.

I don't know about Belize. A friend of mine manages (Tom) manages Paradise Beach in Cozumel and he gave us some green paste stuff that they make by hand that will light you up...but still has a great flavor...not just hot.

My husband drinks havenero (sp?) sauce by the gallon and he said this green paste stuff was really good.

Me....I am doing good to handle Tabasco! :D

I don't know about Belize. A friend of mine manages (Tom) manages Paradise Beach in Cozumel and he gave us some green paste stuff that they make by hand that will light you up...but still has a great flavor...not just hot.

My husband drinks havenero (sp?) sauce by the gallon and he said this green paste stuff was really good.

Me....I am doing good to handle Tabasco! :D

Well, I actually made a sauce. Most habanero sauce is made by mostly diluting it with carrot juice... well, I made a sauce that is a lil bit of vinegar, and straight out habaneros, so it was hardly diluted... awesomely hot sauce.. but still, I want to see if there is hotter out there.

Sorry to everyone for not being more prompt in answering questions. I had posted a long answer but I must have gotten timed out and it didn't post because I can't find it.

Belize cave tubing was with cavetubing.com Yhoony's company or group, I don't know exactly how to refer to it, but all feedback was more than positive. My family couldn't shut up about the excursion for the rest of the cruise.

Bathrobe deck party. Great weather that night, in fact, great weather the whole cruise, didn't even know I was on a cruise ship.:rolleyes:

Website for Captain Marvins I believe is captainmarvins.com. A gal named Ruth handles all the reservations and she is very helpful. Give her a few days to respond because they are busy.

The Cruise Director (fill in) I was not happy with, but I'll go into that in another post.

I'll post now so I don't get timed out and start another post.

Susan

Fins and Flippers is wonderful. If your looking for a day to yourself and relaxation, this is the excursion for you. This is a peaceful place that is top notch. If your looking for a beach party, don't go to F&F's, because you will not find that type of activities. Yes, I took some photo's of F&F's, but no photo will do it justice, you must go to get the true picture. How do you take a picture of your mind wandering a millions miles away to the squell of the bird chirpping, while the sun touches your body and mother nature blows a little to cool you off while your eyes are closed? I hope this explains why I think Fin's n Flippers was the best excursion for me!

One of the highlights of the cruise was Yursef (?) the Mairte'D. What a character. All of us could talk just like him by the end of the cruise, we knew exactly how his introduction would go and mocked him as he said it! The people on the cruise know exactly what I'm talking about, and all of you going on the cruise will come back knowing what I'm speaking about. BTW, was Yursef from Kentucky or Turkey!?!?!!?

Let me log off again, before I get timed out.

Susan

Thanks Linda (LHP) about posting on the Cruise Director. Hopefully Shawn will be back soon because this Jen that was aboard was not up to my standards. You can't understand a word she says and no daily information. You never see her around the ship....just not what I expeck in a CD. In my review I will explain in detail so I don't make judgements without justifications.

The steak on the Legend was great. Maybe RCCL has better steak, haven't been on RCCL for 2 years. Personally, I'm not interested in the steak, I like all the funny soups, exoctic desserts and guess what vegetable this is items!

The ship was absolutely 100% clean as a whistle! They had her buffed up for us and kept her in tip-top shape the whole cruise.

The staff on this ship seems to be very happy. I believe the reason behind the happiness is the Legends itenerary. You have 4 ports days out of a seven day cruise. This gives the staff some breathing time while everyone is off the ship. But four port days in a row is hard on the cruisers! It is a lot to take in one week's time.

Hopefully I'll get to writing the review over Memorial Day because we are staying home, for once!

Hope I've answered most questions, if not, keep asking!

Susan

We had cabin 4203 (ADA cabin, oceanview of the lifeboat). It was a free upgrade so I'm not complaining.

Also, balcony cabins 5238 (ADA cabin), 5236 and 5234. The ADA cabins (handicap) were very well laid out and useable. Plenty of handrails.

In our cabin (4203) apparently the shower seat that folds down to sit on busted a screw and the maintenance people repositioned the seat and rebolted it to the wall. Here is the "what were they thinking" moment. Since the shower seat folds up to the wall, they raised the seat up the wall to make new holes, sliding the seat under the shower handrail. You could not fold the seat down and sit on it! I don't think the maintenance guy did any testing on that fix prior to signing off on the work order. I must say that when we called about the problem, maintenance showed up in 15 minutes and saw the problem (looked at each other with the expression who did this, not me!) and fixed immediately. My husband is an amputee and it is hard for him to shower standing on one leg!

Okay, that's all for now.

Susan

Ouch, sorry to hear about your problems, but I am glad it got fixed quickly. Hmm... by chance does anyone know where i could go to see what the cabins for each class look like? I know the carnival web site has generic pictures of the cabins, but that doesn't actually apply to each one. We are booked in a cat 4a Guar, so we may be upgraded, but I want to see what it is we are more likely to experience.

Ouch, sorry to hear about your problems, but I am glad it got fixed quickly. Hmm... by chance does anyone know where i could go to see what the cabins for each class look like? I know the carnival web site has generic pictures of the cabins, but that doesn't actually apply to each one. We are booked in a cat 4a Guar, so we may be upgraded, but I want to see what it is we are more likely to experience.

This is what our 5A looked like.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344241901070127580KmeWOQ

I would imagine the 6A (ocean views) are very similar.

The interiors are much smaller. We had an interior on the Miracle ( I will try to find pictures) and I thought it was to small for 3 people. Two people will be fine. There were 3 of us and I was not as comfortable as I was in an interior on a Fantasy class ship.

Our cabin was actually set up for 4 with 2 pull downs...but I don't see how that would have worked.

Well, I will just have to hope that I get upgraded to at least a ocean view. We are in an inside cabin, and its 4 people. We really dont want to fork out the money for a better room though, as we aren't ever in the room enough to matter. I went on a cruise last september, and there were 4 people in the room, but we had gotten upgraded to an oceean view on the Sensation.

Archived