Back from the Jade (May 5-17)

sarahemarie

By the way...

to those who were wondering about Rome, we were in port in Civitavecchia from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM -- we got off the boat close to 8:00 AM and had to be back on it by 7:30 PM...so when I say we started to head back to the port around 3:45ish, we really did give ourselves tons of time. We arrived (with a transfer adventure -- see earlier post for details) back in Civitavecchia in plenty of time anyway and were back on our boat (with a few stops for gelato and McDonalds outside the port, namely) by 6:30.

Hope that helps. I wasn't sure if the person who asked about Rome had the same time schedule as we did.

By the way...

to those who were wondering about Rome, we were in port in Civitavecchia from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM -- we got off the boat close to 8:00 AM and had to be back on it by 7:30 PM...so when I say we started to head back to the port around 3:45ish, we really did give ourselves tons of time. We arrived (with a transfer adventure -- see earlier post for details) back in Civitavecchia in plenty of time anyway and were back on our boat (with a few stops for gelato and McDonalds outside the port, namely) by 6:30.

Hope that helps. I wasn't sure if the person who asked about Rome had the same time schedule as we did.

Ahh, we are scheduled for 7am to 6pm so that is a big difference.

I've posted your comments on our rollcall Jade-June 13 in case

you want to stop by and see the responses and add your 2cents.

But, be forewarned, you may need to speak "Pirate" !

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Sarah, we enjoyed the cruise too, especially the friendly relaxed atmosphere on the ship. We loved the view as the ship sailed into Venice.

We made a mistake at Istanbul airport, we queued to go through passport control before we got our visa so we had to queue again for the visa and then queue again to get through passport control, I think we were in the airport for about one & half hours, we were glad to get on the ship and relax. regards Sheila

Archived