Refurbishing the Summit

tuft

Hi Everyone. What a great site!

I discovered this forum purely by accident and am so happy I did. My husband and I along with two of our close friends will be sailing with you and we can't wait! Since summer here in the northeast is fleeting, we don't want to rush the season. Being able to plan and discuss the trip with all of you will keep me from wishing the summer away. Dunebetty inquired about the Summit being sent to drydock for refurbishing. I, too, had heard that rumor and sent an e-mail to Celebrity. They confirmed that the Summit was sent to drydock for 17 days in April. During that time the carpets and tile floors were replaced, a new dance floor was installed in one of the lounges, wood was re-varnished, the boutique area was updated and they replaced an engine. Should look nice. Thanks to all of you who have sent in such good suggestions on the various ports. We have picked up some great maps for Rome and Venice that others might find useful. The maps are called Pocket-Pilot (http://www.Pocket-Pilot.com). They are small, laminated, and give short overviews on top sights, day trips, facts, public transportation, etc. The map of Rome also highlights their metro system and shows all the appropriate stops for various sites. Like many of you we are staying two days before the cruise in Barcelona and two days post cruise in Venice. I look forward to comparing notes with all of you!

Hi Tuft,

When are you sailing? I gather it's on Summit. If you visit the roll calls forum, you'll probably see your cruise thread and meet those who you'll be sailing with.

Have a great cruise!!

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the info. As you have probably figured out, I am new to these forums. I thought I was jumping in to the correct spot. With your help I finally figured out where I should be!!! We are traveling on the November 1st sailing of the Summit. Thanks again, Barry.

Tuft

Archived