Constellation - Baltics

kmorris12

We are going on the Constellation on 22nd May visiting Scandinavia & Russia.

This will be our second cruise, but the first with Celebrity. Our previous cruise was on P&O Oceana last year, which was fabulous, and got us well and truely hooked. We would happily sail with P&O again, but we got a good early booking deal with Celebrity so we thought we'd try them.

I'm really looking forward to the trip on the Constellation, and am eagerly reading any information I can find about the ship, and the ports.

I have been told that the food and service is superior on Celebrity compared to on P&O. What else can I expect to find?

We are in a balcony cabin on Vista deck - is this a good deck?

My husband and I are looking forward to the itinerary (all ports we've never visited), and also our first experience of a Celebrity cruise. 7 weeks tomorrow we sail - hurray icon_smile.gif

We've signed up for the Cruise Critics party onboard, so hopefully 25 people will sign up and we'll be able to put some names to faces - we just need two more people.

Is anyone else here on this cruise?

Kate.

July/August 2003 - P&O Oceana - Mediterranean Summer

NEXT:

May 2004 - Celebrity Constellation - Scandinavia & Russia

Hi Kate,

We're on this cruise. There are four of us and we are looking forward to seeing all of these wonderful ports. What do you expect weather wise? I just got some layering clothes today. I'm thinking cold. Tom and Alice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mimi2:

Hi Kate,

We're on this cruise. There are four of us and we are looking forward to seeing all of these wonderful ports. What do you expect weather wise? I just got some layering clothes today. I'm thinking cold. Tom and Alice<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try this link to cruisemates photo gallery:

http://www.cruisemates.com/MBindex/PGindex.cfm

When you geet there Clcik on "Gallery Search"

Then type "joe reynolds"

scroll down to Baltic. Find a few pictures, but I think I stuck the entire report in here also.

Joe Reynolds

We are also on this cruise and are looking forward to it. Sounds like there are some good folks already signed up for the CC party. Just two more to go. We have got together with six others to do St Petersburg.

Mary

We did the Baltic on the Constellation last summer and had a wonderful time. The ship was beautiful, the staff excellent and the itinerary fascinating. We particularly enjoyed the art history lectures that were offered on board - it made our museum trips even more enjoyable. In St. Petersburg we arranged a two day tour through Red October. They did a fantastic job! Our guide was a history profesor from the University - very knowledgeable and informative.

We have only cruised with Princess in the past and found the differences between the two lines to be minor and probably just a matter of individual taste/preference. We liked the free ice cream bar on Celebrity, but preferred the 24/7 fresh water pools on Princess, found the fitness center better on Celebrity, but thought the buffet (jokingly refered to as "the trough") better on Princess, and so on.

Archived