Barcelona cruise port/taxis

Can anybody who has been tell me how far the cruise docking area is from the RAMBLAS area of town? We have alot of time in between our flight and disembark- walkable distance if I can ditch my luggage? Guess I could get a taxi. Also--approx how much for taxi between airport and port? thanks!

Taxi between the port and the airport would run you around 30 euros.

I don't know where you'll be able to store your luggage after you disembark but I do hope you can work something out to see a bit of Barcelona before your flight leave. Most cruise lines offer a morning tour if your flight leaves after 1 p.m. or so.

The port is across a long bridge from the city. You will not be able to walk from the port. You'll need a taxi (around 8 euros) to get from the port to the foot of La Ramblas.

Agreed- the distance may not be that great from Las Ramblas (we walked from there to the water's edge with no problem), but I don't know that one could comfortably walk there and back. A taxi back and/or forth may be worthwhile. If the cruiseline won't store your luggage, perhaps you can find the cheapest hotel/hostel in the area and use the room to keep your luggage checked while you walk around? Or perhaps a hotel would work out a special charge with you for luggage storage only? We used the Rialto Hotel, which is an easy walk from Las Ramblas, and they did have a (small) area to store luggage.

I read from someone on this board that luggage storage is available at the Barcelona Train Station, but I do not know its location or distances involved. They stated that a locker there could hold two regular sized suitcases. I read it is a fairly simple to take the train to and from the airport, too.

I read from someone on this board that luggage storage is available at the Barcelona Train Station, but I do not know its location or distances involved. They stated that a locker there could hold two regular sized suitcases. I read it is a fairly simple to take the train to and from the airport, too.

Take the Blue Port T3 Bus, from outside the terminal, starts at 8.30 to Columbus Sq, 2 euros,then a 5 min walk along the marina to Franco station,leave luggage here,train ticket to Airport 2.6 euros.

Opposite the station a walk up to park Ciutadella,,and onto La Sagrada Familia

Recommend you buy a T10 ticket, less tan 7 euros,can be shared & used as 1 journey to Airport.

Archived