Baltimore Get Ready!!

Legend

Who is your source for this info?

Seems odd for a few reasons

1) Since it was originally planned to end in Miami, going to Baltimore would add at least a day to the cruise.

2) Carnival would have to pay change fees for anyone that already purchased airfare to Miami.

3) Miracle calls on Bermuda mid April and Carnival gets a premium on that cruise because they only do it once a year

4) She has a full schedule of cruises leaving from Miami

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_pride/default.aspx?shipCode=PR

Guess we will have to stay tuned.

She's going to be home-ported in Mia. Already on CCL site.

Believe me or believe me not but here's what the itineraries are planned to be.

Day Port of Call

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED GRAND TURK

THU HALF MOON CAY, BAHAMAS

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

and alternating with

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED PORT CANAVERAL (ORLANDO), FL

THU NASSAU, BAHAMAS

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

Sorry I don't appear to be the Cruise God that Wennfred is but there ya go eh.

My lips are sealed about where I receive my information. What difference would it make if I told you anyway? I could say anything you might want to hear so I don't see the relevance. I think it's pretty obvious though that it's not from any website that the general public can access..right?

I am not posting here to get anyone in an uproar but only to give a heads up of what's to come. If you don't want to believe me then that's each individual's prerogative take it or leave it *shrug*

Day Port of Call

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED GRAND TURK

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

and alternating with

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

THU NASSAU, BAHAMAS

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

This would be so very nice, especially with the new bag charge from an airline. BUT do you have a date when these cruise will be leaving from Baltimore? Especially since Baltimore is not even listed as a port option on Carnival's site.

It's really not nice to tease. :D

The relevance is that you're just some random person posting this with no proof. I just think it's sad to get people's hopes up. Why should anyone believe you? Why bother posting unless you can back up something like this?

I personally find it hard to believe they'd put a 7 day ship in a port they are not currently in right now. If you had said NO, I'd totally believe it :)

Day Port of Call

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

WED GRAND TURK

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

and alternating with

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE FUN DAY AT SEA

THU NASSAU, BAHAMAS

FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS

SAT FUN DAY AT SEA

SUN BALTIMORE, MD

I may be a ditz but why would you want Port Canaveral as a port of call?

Last cruise on NCL out of NYC stopped at Port Canaveral. We had a great time! Would I rather have stopped at a tropical island? Yes but I was still on a cruise, still on vacation and still had a great time. Lots to do in that area.

I was wondering the same thing:p. IMO, the second itn is completely unappealing. I'd do the first one though!

Maybe this is accurate. When the Dream enters service it will go Pt Canaveral, the Glory will move down to Miami and do the Triumph's current route (that the Pride is supposed to take over), and the Pride will go to Baltimore. I won't believe anything until I see a Carnival release or at least something more verifiable.

To avoid an overnight in the Bahamas or another sea day would be my guess. There are lots of things to do in the area or within an hour's drive.

It would also be interesting to know how many sailings will be done out of Baltimore.

My lips are sealed about where I receive my information. What difference would it make if I told you anyway? I could say anything you might want to hear so I don't see the relevance. I think it's pretty obvious though that it's not from any website that the general public can access..right?

I am not posting here to get anyone in an uproar but only to give a heads up of what's to come. If you don't want to believe me then that's each individual's prerogative take it or leave it *shrug*

Well, I for one am hoping and praying that this "IS" true and I am going to lean towards your side. :D I would be thrilled to have a Carnival ship sail out of Baltimore again. It would be a 30 minute drive for me. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Its not going to happen guys, Baltimore pissed off Carnival long ago. Thats why they haven't been back since. From the News Clip I posted a month or 2 ago, it was the worst cruise terminal in the Nation with people having to use port-a-potty outdoors etc.

I know they have a new cruise terminal since but I highly doubt Carnival will return after that last fiasco.

No news about it here: http://carnival-news.com/

Fred

Here's the link about the new terminal Fred.

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/

Sure hope someone tells this couple to change their wedding plans:

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=769819[/URL]

And, tells Travelocity:

[URL]http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/CruiseDetailsItinerary.do?gtCty=&srRt=&lead_price=729.00&pagerIndex=&cruiseVendor=9&action_code=MoreInfo&deckId=&promolink=&pPc=¤cy=USD&price=&cruiseId=11045&resultsIndex=2&resSt[/URL]=

[B]And, tells Carnival[/B]:

[URL]http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=MIA&itinCode=ECZ&durDays=7&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=CE%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=47939&sailDate=4/11/2009[/URL]

Hmmmmm...

[quote name='Legend']Believe me or believe me not but here's what the itineraries are planned to be.

Day Port of Call
SUN BALTIMORE, MD
MON FUN DAY AT SEA
TUE FUN DAY AT SEA
WED GRAND TURK
FRI FREEPORT, BAHAMAS
SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
SUN BALTIMORE, MD

Sorry I don't appear to be the Cruise God that Wennfred is but there ya go eh.[/quote]

Ok, I just went to check my group sailing on the Pride (August 15, 2009) on Carnival's website and its not showing (under Carnival Funship/Fleet). However, when I click on "Find a Cruise", my cruise is showing. Last week, I called Carnival to check on July 18, 2009 sailing and was told they are not booking groups on that sailing at this time.

I live near Baltimore, so sailing out of B-more would be perfect. I'd would hate to have purchased airfare, only to have the Pride sailing out of Baltimore. As much as I love sailing Carnival, their inconsistency right now, bothers me. [IMG]http://creditboards.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Hawaii697']Ok, I just went to check my group sailing on the Pride (August 15, 2009) on Carnival's website and its not showing (under Carnival Funship/Fleet). However, when I click on "Find a Cruise", my cruise is showing. Last week, I called Carnival to check on July 18, 2009 sailing and was told they are not booking groups on that sailing at this time.

I live near Baltimore, so sailing out of B-more would be perfect. I'd would hate to have purchased airfare, only to have the Pride sailing out of Baltimore. As much as I love sailing Carnival, their inconsistency right now, bothers me. [IMG]http://creditboards.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif[/IMG][/quote]

I too live near B'more and woud love to have them sailing out of here again. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I, too, live in Baltimore and would want more cruises out of here. Except that I don't believe any of this before I see it.
We take two cruises a year. In September we went to Bermuda on NCL's late and lamented Crown. In March we went to the Caribbean on HAL's Noordam. Both times from NYC.
Why? Baltimore service, such as it is, is only seasonal and we want to take one of the cruises in the winter. Even in season, Baltimore-originated itineraries are not good (for instance, only a day and a half of land time in Bermuda vs. three out of NYC) and prices very high.
As to the cruise terminal, it is fine. We also used the old terminal in Dundalk once and I don't know what the complaints were all about. A terminal is a terminal. You build one and they won't necessarily come (Norfolk).
The whole cruise industry is in for a hell of a ride. This country's economy is tanking amid an incredible increase in capacity. Why would you want to run a boat from Baltimore when, coming and going, you have to spend 10 hours or more on the Chesapeake?

[quote name='barante'] Why would you want to run a boat from Baltimore when, coming and going, you have to spend 10 hours or more on the Chesapeake?[/quote]

Maybe for the same reason you spend almost that amount of time going down the Mississippi out of New Orleans??? We really enjoyed the trip down the Chesapeake when we did the Miracle back in 2004! Cruising is cruising, whether it's on the Chesapeake, the Mississippi, or the ocean. It's just that something different is a nice change of pace!:D

[quote name='barante']Why would you want to run a boat from Baltimore when, coming and going, you have to spend 10 hours or more on the Chesapeake?[/QUOTE]

I'd sooner spend 10 hours on the Ches than any amount of time (and money) flying. Traveling by plane is the pits, I can't believe they can find new ways every day to make it more miserable. :rolleyes: Give us a Carnival ship sailing from Baltimore - Please! <clinking glasses with MaryLand Lady> :D

[quote name='Ms Belvedere']I'd sooner spend 10 hours on the Ches than any amount of time (and money) flying. Traveling by plane is the pits, I can't believe they can find new ways every day to make it more miserable. :rolleyes: Give us a Carnival ship sailing from Baltimore - Please! <clinking glasses with MaryLand Lady> :D[/quote]

I'm clinking right there with you Ms. Belvedere!!!:D :) :p You are so right about planes these days -- horrible!

No offense intended. Done that myself on the Galaxy, when Celebrity used to sail out of Baltimore. My point is an economic/time issue. While I love sea days, lots of other people don't.
Back to Bermuda. We absolutely, totally loved the place. It wasn't even on our cruising agenda until we realized that all lines were going to drop Hamilton, which was spectacular because the ship was right there on Front Street. Nothing wrong with King's Wharf; as a matter of fact I think it's a wonderful port.
Anyway, we hope to repeat the Bermuda trip in the future. But why would I take it from Baltimore when the effective land stay is only a day and a half. The best thing about Bermuda was that we were in the same place three nights. We could come and go without worrying about missing the ship.

Archived