Southern Caribbean vs. Mexican Riviera

KayKay14

Hey guys,

My bf and I went on a Western Carribean Cruise last February on the Carnival Liberty. We had such a great time, we're already planning on taking another cruise around the same time next year!

However, we're having trouble deciding between a couple of different cruises, and I'm wondering if anyone has been on them or have any thoughts or suggestions...

Option 1:

7 Day Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Carnival Victory

Ports of call: San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and St. Kitts

Option 2:

8 Day Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Carnival Spirit

Ports of call: San Diego, Acapulco, Zihuatenejo/Ixtapa, and Manzanillo

Has anyone ever been on either of these cruises? Or, better yet, both of them? What did you think?

We have been on the Southern cruise twice, and it is definitely my favorite itenerary. Would go again in a heartbeat. Variety of islands, different nationalities, etc. Barbados is one of our favorite islands.

Havent done the Mexican one, but my opinion is all the ports might seem too similar, all Mexican.

and besides, the Pacific waters are colder than the Caribbean. :)

Hey guys,

My bf and I went on a Western Carribean Cruise last February on the Carnival Liberty. We had such a great time, we're already planning on taking another cruise around the same time next year!

However, we're having trouble deciding between a couple of different cruises, and I'm wondering if anyone has been on them or have any thoughts or suggestions...

Option 1:

Ports of call: San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and St. Kitts

Option 2:

Has anyone ever been on either of these cruises? Or, better yet, both of them? What did you think?

I've been on the Mexican Riviera. It was alot of fun. It's an 8 day cruise and I love that extra day. The Spirit is a great ship. I was on her twice. Once for Mexico and then again Hawaii.

Mexico is Mexico. The water is not clear and blue. Acapulco is crowded. Ixtapa was very pretty. Manzanillo was okay. I like the sea days better than the ports.

The Southern Caribbean is probably prettier than Mexico. The cruise seems to be very port intensive. If you like lots of ports, then that would be the one to do.

Southern Caribbean, no doubt. I've been on the Mexican Riviera three times, I live in SoCal, so its cheaper, and the Caribbean three times and the Caribbean wins hands down. I wouldn't like the southern itinerary though, too many ports. IMHO. So for me, Caribbean anytime. Good luck and have fun either way.;)

I have the southern on the victory booked and now am considering the riviera on the spirit before then... We currently live in AZ and will be moving back to IL before our southern carib trip so I'm thinking it might be fun to do one of San Diego before we leave... now if I can only convince DH! :rolleyes:

But, I think if you're only going to do one, I would choose the Southern. This is if you really like ports I guess. My husband would prefer to never get off the ship so the southern is going to be a stretch for him but the riviera would prob be right up his alley!

You'll have fun with either one!

angie

Southern Caribbean, no doubt. I've been on the Mexican Riviera three times, I live in SoCal, so its cheaper, and the Caribbean three times and the Caribbean wins hands down. I wouldn't like the southern itinerary though, too many ports. IMHO. So for me, Caribbean anytime. Good luck and have fun either way.;)

I agree. The Caribbean is much prettier. I wouldn't want to stop everyday of the week, though. We did this in Hawaii and it is exhausting. Luckily on the Hawaiian cruise we have 5 sea days at the end to relax.:D

The Southern Caribbean wins hands down! Those islands are amazing. The water is like no other. I'd go back again and again (come to think of it I do). Enjoy which ever itinerary you choose.

We've sailed Eastern, Western Caribbean and the Mexican Riveria - Love the Caribbean! The turquois waters - the white sand :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sailing the southern itinerary in Nov!

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

Option 1:

Option 2:

Hard to beat that itinerary.

Archived