Early AM room service..........

aaannnthony

.......doesn't exist anymore.....starts at 7:30AM! Early risers, like us, no longer have the luxury of coffee/juice on the balcony starting at six or six-thirty!

We did b-3-b on the Sun, Alaska, and, then, the Diamond, 5 day Coastal, and, then 7 day RT Mexico.....room service on the SUN was always 20-30 minutes late......on the Diamond, on time, but, no insertions were honored.

On the Sun, write-ins were honored.....e.g., bagels, English muffins, V-8 juice, pineapple; not on the Diamond, not even pepper, lemon wedges, or any of those just mentioned for the Sun!

Sure sounds like 'dining services' on the Diamond needs a bit of repair. Just too many threads about problems. :mad:

Room service is advertised as 24 hours a day. We have always written whatever time we wanted wake-up coffee and tea on the card and it has always been honored. :D Usually 700am but sometimes earlier :eek: if we were docking somewhere DH was playing golf. A delay on the Sun may have just been due to the demand on the Alaskan cruise and the location of your cabin. The stewards load up their carts, a lot of time orders for 10 to 12 cabins, and if you were at the end of a stewards assigned cabins it is possible you might have gotten yours later than specified. We've normally had just the opposite situation and they usually show up 10 minutes early. I would suggest if not delivered according to your written instructions PICK UP THE PHONE and politely order what you want. Then take the situation up with the Dining Service Captain later in the day. As long as Princess continues to advertise '24 hours a day room service' they will be hard pressed not to provide it.

Last year on the Sun, we stopped filling out the night-before order card and started calling early, when we got up, for our coffee, etc. If you are up early and order, they will bring your coffee, juice, bagels, etc rather quickly, and by the way the order is freshly prepared, so that the coffee and toast are hot, the juice and milk cold, etc. When you order with the card, they prepare it all early and it is sitting on a serving cart.

Boy am I lucky. I have my own room service. My Hubby is a wake up and get out the door and see what's up kind of guy and will bring me coffee. On our Tahitian he took his cappucino machine and made us cappucino on sea days. I think on my first cruise we ordered coffee in room, but by the time it came we were ready to get out of the cabin(was an inside) so didn't enjoy it. I never thought to order room service for coffee and juice instead of filling out the cards. That's a good idea. (I'll have to try that when we go to Sandals again. Their breakfast room-service is just as hit and miss as the ship and it's more costly)

AH.......I wrote in 7:00AM, instead of the 7:30 printed, the first two nights on the SUN and the first two nights on the DIAMOND......received the SUN at 7:50 and 7:55, and 7:20, both times on the DIAMOND. Calls to room service both days on the SUN received busy signals many, many times!

We were on the Golden in July and always wrote in the time. (usually 6 or 6:30). Interestingly, on the days when I filled in the card and put the gratuity on the card, it always came on time or early. One day I forgot to do that and gave the person cash, but it was a few minutes late. Not drastically, but enough to make me wonder if the predesignated tip made a difference!

Archived