Black Watch Australia to capetown Feb 09

dpe

Is anyone doing this cruise? I booked this cruise 14 months ago firstly because of the fantastic itinery, 29nts sailing around oz,Mauritius, then South Africa. I have never sailed on Black Watch before, but I'm sure I've chosen the right ship for me. I will be 44 when I sail (will I be one of the younger ones on board?)., and are the single meet ups well attended? Would love some info on dineing, Do they seat singles together? Entertainment, is it laid back or in your face? Any other info would be appreciated.......:)

I envy you . I am sure it will be a super cruise. I sailed on the ship this year on the Lima to Sydney sector of its world cruise and it was most enjoyable. I have sailed on this lovely ship many times(I have sailed with Fred. Olsen 22 times!) and love it. You will be at the the younger end of the age range (many younger people cannot spare the time for the world cruise) but you will not feel out of place. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years.

Parsman could you tell me if Fred Olsen will allow you the option to fly out earlier before your cruise.........I am wanting to spend 3 days in Singapore, then a week in Sydney doing my own thing..........Was this option given to you? Lima sounds like another interesting place to visit. What swayed me towards sailing with Fred Olsen, is that they go to some very interesting ports. Capetown has always been on the top of my list to visit.......So excited only 9 months to go!!!!!!.........DPE.

Hello dpe

You can book for "cruise only" and obtain a discount on the published fares. I met several people who did this. I believe that you can also fly independently for one leg of the trip and use the Fred. Olsen facilities (either exclusive charter or block booking on schedued flight) for the other leg. I don't know what the time limits are on this but I should contact FOCL or your travel agent at an early date. Hope this helps.

Archived