Question about final payment/making changes?

mrgame101

Hello.

Our cruise is not until Sept of 2009 and final payment isnt until June of next year. I want to just pay the cruise off to not worry about it at all. But if something were to come up and we had to cancel/change the cruise would I still get the FULL refund because I paid in full? I guess this question doesnt make sense but I know if I did not pay in full until the final payment date I could make changes- so if I pay it off all now does it change that?

Thanks!

No, once it is paid in full, there is no refund for cancelling. Hope you would have insurance if you had to cancel. We never make the last payment until the day or day before it is due. Travelgirl

That is totally incorrect. If you have to cancel within your time limit of canceling you will get your full refund. We had a cruise booked last year on the Conquest and had to cancel and had paid in full and got our full refund back because we canceled before the final payment deadline. I think after that the amount of the refund starts going down.

You will get a refund if you cancel before the final date. Also you can change your whole cruise even if it is paid in full. I paid in full for a cruise for 02/09 and just changed the complete cruise to another date, ship and port and still got a refund of the difference.

That is totally incorrect. If you have to cancel within your time limit of canceling you will get your full refund. We had a cruise booked last year on the Conquest and had to cancel and had paid in full and got our full refund back because we canceled before the final payment deadline. I think after that the amount of the refund starts going down.

Thanks! This is what I figured. I just wanted to make sure. I want to have the payment done so I dont have to worry about it. But incase we had to cancel or something I wanted to make sure that I would not encounter any problems because it was paid for.

Archived