QM2 Soft Drinks Packages Transatlantic

rambler-dhaka

I am a tee-totaller. Can anyone tell me exactly what beverages are included in the soft drinks package. Can one order from any bar, lounge or restuarant?

I realize this may have been asked upmteen times before, but I havent coem across any answers.

Thanks all!

I am a tee-totaller. Can anyone tell me exactly what beverages are included in the soft drinks package. Can one order from any bar, lounge or restuarant?

I realize this may have been asked upmteen times before, but I havent coem across any answers.

Thanks all!

My husband bought the soft drinks package. I am quite sure that the package includes all soft drinks and juices from bars and lounges. I am not sure about restaurants because he had water there, but I would bet that would include restaurants too.

Hi

If I remember correctly, and this is a subject dear to my heart, both the QM2 and QV have 'soda' packages, whereas the good ol' QE2 has a 'soft drinks' package. The price is the same at $3.95 + 15%tip per day and you can only buy a trips worth and not 2 or 3 days here and there!

The difference is that the soda package included only what comes out of their soda gun, i.e. coke (or cola, in my opinion, usually flat), lemonade and a few other things. Juices are not included (as I found out to my horror on the QV).

The soft drinks package on the QE2 does include juices. If you order a coke on the QE2 it comes out of a can, but you don't get the can itself. I guess that this is to stop people 'buying' loads of (free) cans and storing them for consumption later. If you are not on the package and you buy a coke, you get the whole can. On the package, if what you get seems a little flat, then they will willingly open a new can for you, but this has not happened to me a lot.

My usual tipple is diet coke, but I do like the odd tomato juice in the evening. Sadly this cannot be accommodated on the soda package, and so I will have to come up with another drink to like! No problems on the QE2 though.

I am not sure what happens in the QM2 restaurants. I have only ever order cokes. I imagine that juices will be free though, and this would be for everybody - not just those on the package.

I hope that this helps.

Mark O

in London, England

waiting for

QE2 - 17/7/08

QE2 - 10/9/08

QM2 - 13/6/09 (B2B T/A)

The soda package applies in the restaurants as well as all the bars on board. It even applies to the poor beverage waiter around the pools. The poor guy - I can't imagine he sees any tip from those sales.

It does not apply to the sodas in your cabin fridge unless you are in QG.

As someone said, Kings Court has lemonade, apple juice, orange juice, ice tea, and usually some other fruit juice 24/7 for free. It is perfectly acceptable to take one to your cabin (for your wife) or out on the deck. they even have clear plastic glasses for this.

Interestingly, the only way to get your own pot of tea, is order it in a bar or restaurant. At Kings Court it is a mug and hot water. At Afternoon Tea it is served to you. Coffee is free at Kings Court - but will cost you anywhere else on board - but it's worth it. the Kings Court coffee is really pretty awful. Believe it or not, different sections have better machines or something, because there is a difference even among the Kings Court coffee makers!

If you are a tea-totaller, you will be fine.

Paul

Guest Anorak33
The soda package applies in the restaurants as well as all the bars on board. It even applies to the poor beverage waiter around the pools. The poor guy - I can't imagine he sees any tip from those sales.

It does not apply to the sodas in your cabin fridge unless you are in QG.

Paul

Hi

Am I reading your post correctly?

If you are in a QG room and puchase a soda card then the soda cans in your fridge are not charged for, but would be if you didn't have the soda card.

I am interested in information which applies to QE2.

Thanks

You are never charged for the sodas in your fridge in QG. But if you are staying in the other classes, even if you have a soda card, you still have to pay for the sodas you consume from your fridge.

You can also get free coffee (and some juices) down by Cunard Connexions and in the Grills concierge lounge. I don't think they ever charge you for coffee in the restaurants. But even with the card you still have to pay for coffee in Sir Samuels.

You are never charged for the sodas in your fridge in QG. But if you are staying in the other classes, even if you have a soda card, you still have to pay for the sodas you consume from your fridge.

Thank you . I did not make that quite clear. For the price you are paying for QG, the least they can give you is free soda in your fridge! If you drink soft drinks at all during the day, the soda package is a great deal.

Guest Anorak33
Thank you . I did not make that quite clear. For the price you are paying for QG, the least they can give you is free soda in your fridge! If you drink soft drinks at all during the day, the soda package is a great deal.

Thanks for that, last time we were in a Q3 cabin on QE2 we didn't use any sodas as we thought they were chargeable.

We are on again, also in a Q3, in a weeks time so now we know its included.

That is quite definite for a Q3, as well as the rather better and more expensive Q cabins which get other perks as well?

Archived