Photos from Venice Cruise May 2008 on Arcadia

LibraLass41

Hi Sue, thanks for sharing those lovely photos. Cephalonia was my very first holiday abroad and it is the most beautiful island. Myrtos the beach that you can only reach by boat is lovely but extremely scary to drive round!

Lou

Sue:

Thanks very much for posting these smashing pictures. I'm going to miss the Med enormously this summer! I particularly liked the pictures of backstreet Dubrovnik.

I've got a couple of questions for you:

a) how did you find Arcadia this time? - I know from previous posts that you know Arcadia very well and like her a lot;

b) in a long cruise like that one, there are quite a few sea days. What do you think about them?

Sue:

Thanks very much for posting these smashing pictures. I'm going to miss the Med enormously this summer! I particularly liked the pictures of backstreet Dubrovnik.

I've got a couple of questions for you:

a) how did you find Arcadia this time? - I know from previous posts that you know Arcadia very well and like her a lot; she was fine, the cabins were in very good condition (considering she was due to have a refit in the 2 weeks before our cruise but this was cancelled and delayed until the end of the year so she would be in prime condition for her first world cruise)

The food in the main restaurant, Arcadian Rhodes and Orchid was excellent with new dishes including light options,

I think its time for a change for me now though, after 3 x 2week main holiday cruises in 2 years, I knew her inside out and there were no surprises...so my next 2 cruises are Ventura nad Oceana.

b) in a long cruise like that one, there are quite a few sea days. What do you think about them?

they were ok.... sadly our sea days were very cloudy.... if you have lovely hot sunshine, I adore finding a sun lounger and relaxing with a cocktail and a book near the pool.... we had about 8 days of cloudy/ windy weather the Med has been very poor lately and most annoyingly UK had a heatwave at the same time. The sea days activities had already been planned I suppose , expecting good weather, so they were over crowded, for example - even a port talk was full with people standing room only, as there just didn't seem to be much else to do, esp on a morning.

We did have Bob Champion the jockey on there one day doing a talk, that was good.

Loved the Arcadia photos. Were there any young people on your cruise my daughter will be travelling with us on Arcadia soon and we were wondering about the age range?

Not many I'm afraid. I am 46 and felt like the youngest around some days.... the Venice cruise seemed to attract the older passenger. The Med and Canaries had younger people on, but there will always be plenty in the 50-80 age group.

Sue

we had about 8 days of cloudy/ windy weather the Med has been very poor lately and most annoyingly UK had a heatwave at the same time.

Our first cruise was mid-May in 2005; 7 night fly-cruise with MSC on their ship 'Sinfonia'. The weather that week was wonderful - hot & sunny everywhere - and we were definitely filled with enthusiasm for this cruising lark.

The 'heatwave' in the UK was really just 4 or 5 days, but it did include a weekend which made a change - normally heatwaves tend to occur Monday to Friday!

Our first cruise was mid-May in 2005; 7 night fly-cruise with MSC on their ship 'Sinfonia'. The weather that week was wonderful - hot & sunny everywhere - and we were definitely filled with enthusiasm for this cruising lark.

The 'heatwave' in the UK was really just 4 or 5 days, but it did include a weekend which made a change - normally heatwaves tend to occur Monday to Friday!

Our first cruise too was great in May 06, Canaries - superb weather ,just a bit unlucky this year - May has been very cloudy in the Med - and here besides that week of heatwave! , but as you see from the photos, we had great port days, especially Venice blue skies and sunshine for the sail-in, and throughout the day

Sue

Hullo, we are doing the cruise to Venice but in July. We live in Guisborough and noticed you come from Cleveland and just wondered how you were getting to Southampton. We also have to get to Southampton in October as we going on the Oriana.

Archived