Reservations in Florence

I know reservations are recommended for certain museums to avoid long queues, however does anyone know which ones? We currently have reservations for the Uffizi and I was planning on purchasing them for the Accademia. Are they needed for the Santa Croche or any of the other "must sees"?:confused:

Thanks. So I booked the Accademia in the am and the Uffizi in the afternoon. I guess I will hit the Duomo and the Santa Croce inbetween if possible. Am I missing any other must sees?

Also, does anyone know how long a walk it is to the train station from the Uffizi so I can plan appropriately when we need to start on our trip back to port?

Is it an easy walk between these two main sites? Are taxis an option?

Trying to figure out time needed to see the highlights on a "Florence on your Own" Excursion.

Thank you

Kathy

It is an easy walk between accademia and uffizi. We stopped a lot between uffizi and the train station, i couldn't tell you how long it takes, but it is not too far. Thanks for reminding me to make my museum reservations.

With time so limited on cruise excursions to Florence, we prebooked tickets to see David. Spent about an hour with him and chose to skip the rest. There is just too much to see in town on a first trip. Take a cab up to the overlook above the town. It is an amazing view and it really makes you realize how dominate the Duomo is. Walk the Pont Veccio bridge. Santa Croce is great - and do not miss the leather school in back. The outdoor market - four silk ties for 15 euro. Pick up a bottle or two of Chianti Classico Reserva - 15 euro.

Archived