Belize tours?

rocketman1

Google "Cave Tubing Belize" -- the first link is who we used -- Yhony is THE BEST. I would book again any day of the week, it was worth EVERY PENNY.

We used Bodden in Roatan, and he's nice, but a word to the wise -- if all you want to do is the zip line, make SURE you communicate that to him ahead of time so he calls ahead and puts your name on the list. They did not do this for us and we waited for two hours only to have a group jump in front of us at the last minute. The group in front of us included a woman who was very, very out of shape and almost didn't make it -- they tried to get us around them but couldn't, and we literally almost missed our ship :) Bodden is great though -- very, very nice and very responsive.

I did the snorkeling & Goff's cay excursion. It was great, would do it again. After we did the open water snorkel we were given the option to snorkel the remaining 1/2 mile or so th the island or ride there in the boat.

I've done snorkeling on the Barrier Reef as well as cave tubing. Both were great excursions. I did the cave tubing in early June and found the water to be too low for my taste. But, I really enjoyed the hike through the rain forest on the way to the tubing. The reef was amazing. We saw many colorful fish. We plan on going horseback riding this time.

I know this sounds crazy, but my sister hates Bats!! Are there Bats in the caves? I am trying to convince her we would have a blast, but she won't go if there are Bats. Please advise?

There are definitely bats in the caves. Bats are nocturnal though. So, they will be sleeping. Although, there may be one or two flying around the tops of the caves. If she's that scared then she probably shouldn't go. Why don't you go, and have her do a different excursion?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived