Special Requests

Jolynn2262

The documents I received for my upcoming cruise have a section for special requests. The feather pillows I asked for are listed, but the egg crate topper and the robe is not. Should these items be listed? Does this mean Princess didn't receive my request for the topper and robe? I know I can contact my TA but you guys are such a wealth of info.

Both the egg crate and the robe aren't a huge problem. Just ask your room steward when you arrive and he will provide both. He could have also taken care of the pillow selection for you without having you go to the trouble of faxing the request.

Even with them listed on your documents, we have found over half the time we have to make another request to the room steward when we arrive at our stateroom as the request never reached him.

No worrys though, just mention it to him when you arrive and all will be taken care of.

I just got home yesterday from a cruise on the Coral and requested an egg crate the very first day from my room steward. Please do not wait until the 2nd day or they will be gone. Have fun.

Marilyn

I too had my TA faxed in request for egg crates for my bed on a recent cruise and nothing was there. Had to request the Room Steward to get one for me. The question I have is why does Princess even want a Fax request when they aren't going to have it ready anyway? :mad:

B.

The question I have is why does Princess even want a Fax request when they aren't going to have it ready anyway? :mad:

B.

Well, I don't think I have ever seen where Princess has 'asked' for us to request an egg crate mattress pad, most have just taken it upon themselves to fax it over to them to be assured of one being available for their stateroom. (me included)

I gave up after the request only being submitted to the ship a few times, the rest of the time we had to request it again when we arrived as there was nothing sent to the ship. So, the faxed request was just going through the motions with no result.

I know the few times the request did reach the room steward, he thanked me as it made his work easier having it already on the bed when we arrived.

It isn't just the egg crates that Princess doesn't follow through on. We had a medical request for our last sailing that I faxed, Princess called me on the phone TWICE to assure me everything was taken care of. When we arrived, nobody knew a thing about it. When I returned home, I sent a lengthy email to Princess asking the same question you just asked. They apologized of coarse, and offered a good will gesture for the medical request not being readily available. But I suggested to them if they weren't going to follow through on these faxes for certain things, especially important ones, why were were wasting our time? After receiving two follow up phone calls from Princess and still not having the request completed, I was a bit huffy, to say the least.

I would think Princess could make it a lot easier on their room stewards that first day if they would fax these requests to the ship and make sure the stateroom steward received them.

Archived