HELP!!!! (I'm sooooo confused!!!) 10/25/08

AuntMoeMoe

HELP!!!! (I'm sooooo confused!!!)

Okay, here's the deal...We are flying into FLL 10/24/08, getting in around midnight. We want to stay in a CLEAN, relatively cheap hotel for the night, (basically just to get some shut-eye and a shower in the AM) then get up in the morning and go to Port of Miami. Now...does anyone out there in cyberville have any help with the following:

1. Name of hotel that is all the above, but also has a free shuttle from the airport.

2. Any ideas on how to get to the Port of Miami from FLL that won't cost us an arm and a leg.

Obviously, since we have not taken a cruise in 16 years :eek: we are more than a little rusty at this.

I would appreciate any help you have to offer, either on this site, or at braughton dot 3 at osu dot edu

Thanks Bunches!!!!

Okay, here's the deal...We are flying into FLL 10/24/08, getting in around midnight. We want to stay in a CLEAN, relatively cheap hotel for the night, (basically just to get some shut-eye and a shower in the AM) then get up in the morning and go to Port of Miami. Now...does anyone out there in cyberville have any help with the following:

1. Name of hotel that is all the above, but also has a free shuttle from the airport.

2. Any ideas on how to get to the Port of Miami from FLL that won't cost us an arm and a leg.

Obviously, since we have not taken a cruise in 16 years :eek: we are more than a little rusty at this.

I would appreciate any help you have to offer, either on this site, or at braughton dot 3 at osu dot edu

Thanks Bunches!!!!

You can try the LaQuinta Inn Ft Lauderdale. I've stayed there a few times and it it was a pretty nice, clean hotel. I never used their shuttle, but I've seen it in the parking lot so I know they have one. I also know that it takes people to the pier on weekends, but it may only do the pier in Ft Lauderdale. You'd have to call them and ask. (954) 922-2295

Hope that helped a little

I cruised on the Liberty and flew into Miami, so I can't help you with a huttle. I can tell you that none of the hotels in Miami provided Shuttle service to the pier. We stayed at the Holiday Inn , Bayside, which is 5 minutes to the pier. We took a taxi from the Mia airport to the Hotel, they have fixed rates , paid $24.00.

You may want to check the port of call in Cruise Critics for FLL, and maybe someone on there can give you more info on Shuttle Service from FLL to Mia. Good Luck!

Thanks Bunches!!!!

WOW!!! I'm really surprised that only two people have taken the time to respond to my original posting. I can't be the first person who has an itinerary like I do, can I?????

Please, if you have any suggestions, I would really, REALLY appreciate them.

To those of you who have indeed replied (both of you) thank you.

Try in the section of the boards entitled "North American Homeports-East Coast Departures". It breaks down further into "Florida Departures", so if you post your questions there you may have more luck. There seems to be a lot of info relevant to your concerns. Good luck!

Archived