Mercury, Big increase in price,R/T LA-Alaska

marvin

Marvin,

We have a trip planned on Voyager 9-27-08 and our rates went up $1600pp, lucky for us our entire group booked well in advance. The current rates today are outrageous. My travel agent say's it's supply on demand. She say's that with this being only a one time trip and so many people that don't like or want to fly it makes this sailing a popular one. Anyway if you check out the deals page on CC for this sailing my TA an ad with all the original pricing still available, so it's good some of it is still out there.

J

I don't know about the ad on CC because when you check the Celebrity site, it shows most of the categories sold out. Unless they bought a block of them and are able to sell them, because I know Celebrity will not let you discount out the price.

There are a lot of people in Southern California who love to cruise and do not want to fly. You can do the Mexico only so may times. This is why the circle Hawaii cruises are so popular. Alaska is one of the must see places in the world and only a couple of cruises a year leave from LA. I hope they see the demand and add more sailings in the future.

Mama,

I called my TA and she said she does have a block of 40 cabins left at the lower rates but only till June 15th. She said at that time Celebrity will take back what she has not sold and put them back in the inventory at the higher rates. She say's that what she does is call the cruise line with the client info and gets the cruise lines confirmation and sends it to the clients with the rates so that they can see for themselves. Once their sure that everything is on the up and up then she get's their deposit. I like that idea for myself it's better than getting surprised later.

J

• 2 weeks later...
TMYG:We booked sky suite on deck 12. This is the 5th cruise we have done on Mercury. I prefer Cabin 1205 but had to take 1207: 1205 shields from the wind caused by ship movement a little better than 1207. Marvin

Marvin: You seem to know tons about these cabins. any insight on 1247. Which we booked for 3000 and is now going for 6200 :eek:. Yes insane!

Archived