Sports Court renovation on AOS!!!

Don't know if this has been posted before but I need to rant. I just found out that the sports court on the AOS is going to be renovated during peak family cruising season including our cruise - July 13, 2008. Not sure why RCL chose to renovate such a crucial area when the ship is sailing. It will take 3 sailings to complete so I think it should have waited until dry dock.

I have 4 teenagers who are usually very well behaved on cruises. Of course that is because they spend a lot of their time in organized activities on the sports court as well as in the teen area.

If Royal Caribbean wants teenagers to behave why are they renovating such a key area during prime family cruising dates? I am so frustrated because it really is where our family spends a lot of our at sea day time - as a family.

I wrote a letter but I am sure nothing will come of it. Thanks for letting me rant and please do not flame me for taking my kids. It is our family vacation.

Nora

Don't know if this has been posted before but I need to rant. I just found out that the sports court on the AOS is going to be renovated during peak family cruising season including our cruise - July 13, 2008. Not sure why RCL chose to renovate such a crucial area when the ship is sailing. It will take 3 sailings to complete so I think it should have waited until dry dock.

I have 4 teenagers who are usually very well behaved on cruises. Of course that is because they spend a lot of their time in organized activities on the sports court as well as in the teen area.

If Royal Caribbean wants teenagers to behave why are they renovating such a key area during prime family cruising dates? I am so frustrated because it really is where our family spends a lot of our at sea day time - as a family.

I wrote a letter but I am sure nothing will come of it. Thanks for letting me rant and please do not flame me for taking my kids. It is our family vacation.

Nora

The Adventure is not supposed to go into DRYDOCK until 26APR - 06MAY 2009.

It is possible that there is something seriously wrong with the Sports Court that needs to be taken care of right away for safety reasons.

I do not see where not having a Sports Court should make your children or anyone elses behave any different while on the cruise.

Unfortunately, cruise ships can not pull into a garage like a car does and get an overhaul overnight. ;)

Having sailed on that ship also, I know there are many things available to do on it.

I am sure you will have a great cruise and your kids too. ;)

Nora

This timing just doesn't make much sense. Every cruise I've been on, the sports court is utilized primarily by young people. And while I don't cruise during "family time" period, I have raised 2 boys and can only imagine that this is a prime place to work off the energy as well as a social outlet. Renovation of this area should of been scheduled for the Sep/Oct period when most of the cruisers are older without children - like me - who don't care about the basketball court.

I seriously doubt something will come from your letter. It sounds like someone that is reasonsible for maintenance doesn't understand customer relations.

The Adventure is not supposed to go into DRYDOCK until 26APR - 06MAY 2009.

It is possible that there is something seriously wrong with the Sports Court that needs to be taken care of right away for safety reasons.

I do not see where not having a Sports Court should make your children or anyone elses behave any different while on the cruise.

Unfortunately, cruise ships can not pull into a garage like a car does and get an overhaul overnight. ;)

Having sailed on that ship also, I know there are many things available to do on it.

I am sure you will have a great cruise and your kids too. ;)

I agree that it sounds like something that could not wait. I seriously doubt that any cruise line would just decide to replace something like this on a whim in peak season.

A necessary renovation that could not wait - then why not do it now - why wait til July? I just don't buy it.

I suspect it has to do with availability of materials. It is not like they can just go to the local Home Depot. I suspect with the marine type products that things need to be special ordered or custom made.

Considering you will only have two "AT SEA" days, this should not be a big deal. Your boys can swim, JR's, rock wall, golf, sun bath and numerous other things. I cannot imagine going on a cruise to play BB, you can do that at home. Relax, calm down and ENJOY the cruise. It is what you make of it.

Archived