helmet dive at grand turk

ran

I have no personal knowledge of the operator in Grand Turk, but do have concerns about helmet diving.

You should understand that helmet diving carries the same risks as scuba diving, but generally much less training than even an introductory scuba course.

I think people are better served by taking the time for the additional training and being subjected to a medical screening. Honesty is important when answering medical questions about health conditions because any type of diving can be dangerous for people with certain health problems.

If you have detailed questions about diving, stop by a local dive center near your hometown. You can often speak with a dive professional about any concerns, and a dive sop is a great place to pick up snorkle gear for you vacation.

I did the helmet dive in Grand Turk last November, and it was great fun. They take you through a short orientation, and once you get down they go through a couple of drills to make sure you can use the equipment and get back on the boat. There's someone with scuba gear with you the entire time. They take no more than six people down at at time, so you have the option of snorkeling when you're not down. There are pictures of our dive in the link in my signature line for the Noordam cruise.

Archived