Anyone back from Voyager of the Seas Mediterranean Cruise?

Hi,

Am leaving on the Voyager of the Seas Mediterranean Cruise on June 7,08. Hoping to hear from anyone that has recently come back and hear about the ports of call and what you did there and how you did it..as in excursion, bus, train, ferry, hydrofoil, etc. Thanks.

Kay

I just returned and it was great. I've not had time to post a review yet but one of our roll call buddies has already done one. One excursion I highly recommend was in Naples, Amalfi Drive & Pompeii. A full day tour that started with a drive to Sorrento, a stop at a mosaics factory, then the drive along the coast. Stopped for lunch, then continued the drive. We also stopped for a few minutes in Amalfi. Then took the highway to Pompeii and toured for about 2 hours or so. It was terrific. The scenery was beautiful along the coast.

I also enjoyed the Monreale & Old City tour in Palermo. The Monreale cathedral is stunning.

I'd been to the area before so did Florence and Rome on our own. I just walked around Villefranche, but they do offer excursions that will take you to all of the main cities in the area.

Have fun!

Liz

I just returned and it was great. I've not had time to post a review yet but one of our roll call buddies has already done one. One excursion I highly recommend was in Naples, Amalfi Drive & Pompeii. A full day tour that started with a drive to Sorrento, a stop at a mosaics factory, then the drive along the coast. Stopped for lunch, then continued the drive. We also stopped for a few minutes in Amalfi. Then took the highway to Pompeii and toured for about 2 hours or so. It was terrific. The scenery was beautiful along the coast.

I also enjoyed the Monreale & Old City tour in Palermo. The Monreale cathedral is stunning.

I'd been to the area before so did Florence and Rome on our own. I just walked around Villefranche, but they do offer excursions that will take you to all of the main cities in the area.

Have fun!

Liz

Thanks so much for the information. I appreciate your time. I am looking forward to Pompeii and that area, and now I know what to do in Palermo also. :)

Kay

I forgot to mention, there are Hop-On-Hop-Off (HOHO) buses in every city we visited except Villefranche. You can buy your ticket when you board. It's a good way to get an overview of the city and you can hop-off when you want to see a specific place in more detail.

There is a website, viator dot com, they are a tour broker. It's a good place to do research and see what some of the tours are, and what some of the frequently-visited places are, in each city. The Europe thread has lots of good info, also.

Liz

Archived