Best ship on Mexican Riviera??

Bellatrix

I am not familiar with Carnival different classes of ships, so I am just wondering, is there a ship that is better than others, a standout, on the West Coast? We would like to book in for late 2009 - 2010. We are a family of 5 - kids 12, 8 & 4...

Do any of the ships on the West Coast have the waterslides, other fun stuff??

Well the ones on the West Coast have waterslides and such right now.

By the time you are talking about though, Carnival Splendor will be doing 7 days from LA. It has a waterslide and a waterpark.

Paradise and Elation which are West Coast now, one might get Evolutions of Fun (which is the water park and pool areas) by then.

Someone else might know and answer, otherwise I'll check and get back on it.

The Spirit does the Exotic Mexican Riviera for an 8 day cruise during the winter months. It's a great ship with a water slide. I've been on her twice. She's easy to navigate.

As the OP wrote, the Splendor will be doing the 7 night Mexican Riviera beginning next March. She is the newest of the Carnival ships and larger than the Spirit.

The Paradise and the Elation both are smaller ships and do various shorter Mexican cruises. I've been on the Elation twice and will be going on the Paradise for the first time in December.:)

The Spirit and Splendor have big water slides. The Paradise is going into dry dock just before I sail on her in December. I'm assuming that they're putting the Evolutions of Fun water park on her then. I'm not sure when the Elation will go into dry dock. So far there is none scheduled for this year.

Archived