POSITIVE SeaMiles Experience

I called Seamiles today, to use my miles and book a cruise for November of this year on the Spirit. I had done my research before and had the SeaMiles prices webpage and the Carnival webpage up as I spoke to them. I spoke with Tricia. Very pleasant to talk to. She took my information, looked up to see if there were past guest deals on the cruise I wanted. There werent so we went on to pricing. No haggling, no negotiating, no hassles. I ended up getting the Carnival price plus my full $500 off for the miles I was using. It was so simple! Picked my stateroom, set my dining time and that was it. Total time of call ... 14 minutes. Hung up with the phone with my Carnival Booking Number and I was all set.

Some information on the pricing you find on the SeaMiles site. When you look at the price they have quoted, minus your miles savings, it includes the fare, the port fees and the fuel surcharge. There is an additional taxes that are added on of about $74. The exact amount was on the bottom of the page. Once I looked at all that information and did the math with the number quoted from Carnival, it came out exactly the same. They did not have an increased fare listed, as I previously had thought. They just threw in some of the fees but not all of them.

Very pleasant experience. I would not hesitate to use the miles again. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll try and answer them for you.

Thanks for reporting a POSITIVE experience with SeaMiles. That is good information to know that the fuel surcharge (as well as the port charges) is included in the cruise fares shown online. Booking a cruise should always be a very pleasant experience - glad that it was for you!

I called Seamiles today, to use my miles and book a cruise for November of this year on the Spirit. I had done my research before and had the SeaMiles prices webpage and the Carnival webpage up as I spoke to them. I spoke with Tricia. Very pleasant to talk to. She took my information, looked up to see if there were past guest deals on the cruise I wanted. There werent so we went on to pricing. No haggling, no negotiating, no hassles. I ended up getting the Carnival price plus my full $500 off for the miles I was using. It was so simple! Picked my stateroom, set my dining time and that was it. Total time of call ... 14 minutes. Hung up with the phone with my Carnival Booking Number and I was all set.

Some information on the pricing you find on the SeaMiles site. When you look at the price they have quoted, minus your miles savings, it includes the fare, the port fees and the fuel surcharge. There is an additional taxes that are added on of about $74. The exact amount was on the bottom of the page. Once I looked at all that information and did the math with the number quoted from Carnival, it came out exactly the same. They did not have an increased fare listed, as I previously had thought. They just threw in some of the fees but not all of them.

Very pleasant experience. I would not hesitate to use the miles again. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll try and answer them for you.

I just signed up for the Sea Miles Master Card on my last cruise earlier this month. I am still totally confused about how many miles one needs to get any of the perks one is supposed to be entitled to. When I go to the web site, all it tells me is what I owe and what for. How does one find out how many points one has, how to use these points and how many one needs for whatever? Help . . . . :confused:

I just signed up for the Sea Miles Master Card on my last cruise earlier this month. I am still totally confused about how many miles one needs to get any of the perks one is supposed to be entitled to. When I go to the web site, all it tells me is what I owe and what for. How does one find out how many points one has, how to use these points and how many one needs for whatever? Help . . . . :confused:

https://www.seamiles.com/public_7_1.csp

https://www.seamiles.com/ITGUpload/flashimage/redemption.pdf

Re: Sea Miles, last fall I booked back-to-back cruises on the Inspiration for this coming November using my SeaMiles. Don't remember right now the name of the gentleman I spoke to, but he was totally on top of things, the few questions I had after the fact he got back to me IMMEDIATELY. I was quite impressed. Even emailed his boss that the customer service provided was exceptional. Nice to know that there are people out there that DO provide good service.

Already racking up lots of miles for my next (almost) free cruise. :) :p

Lizz :cool:

It's great to hear a positive experience!! I've read very few and mostly alot of negative feedback. I do have a question and I may have misunderstood but when I went to the fine print for this card it said it was only applicable for inside or oceanview cabins?? We've only booked balcony cabins so if this is the case then this wouldn't be a good deal for us. Did I read that wrong or misunderstand it? Thanks! Op congrats on the discount on your next cruise and enjoy :)

Encouraged by the positive seamiles experience related in this thread, I called SeaMiles, hopeful of using 25,000 points for a $250 ($125 pp) discount on a five day Bahamas cruise this November. I was told by the representative who answered my call that SeaMiles guarantees they will give you the best price on a cruise. I was quoted the following prices, which included all taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges, for each person and redeeming 25,000 points.

6A cabin - $325.17

6C cabin - $415.17

With the past guest upgrade code (DP3), Carnival is offering an upgrade from a 6A to a 6C on this cruise at $420.17 (again all taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges included and of course, no SeaMiles points needed). So, for 25,000 points, SeaMiles will "give" me $5.00 pp off this cruise for the "best price." They will not take the "discount" off from the price any past Carnival passenger can get through Carnival or the ta of his own choosing. What a deal!

Archived