Parking in Galveston????

ballprkmom

Some of the hotels let you park free if you stay a night there...otherwise I use EZ Cruise parking. If you book online it is $30 for a 5 night cruise and it is secured at night with locked gates. They also shuttle you the couple blocks to the ship and pick you up when you return.

If there are any disable veterans with your group, they can park free. They just need to show their VA card or disablity papers and an ID there at the gate. You can even drop them off at the terminal and take the ID's with you and park free.

If there are any disable veterans with your group, they can park free. They just need to show their VA card or disablity papers and an ID there at the gate. You can even drop them off at the terminal and take the ID's with you and park free.

Tell me more. We are going in October and my wife is a disabled vet.

You can go to this web address and it will explain it all.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

Just stop at the gate and tell them your a disabled vet. They will get your information and direct you where to park.

You can drop off the wife at the terminal and take her ID's. It''s that simple and the price is right!

Some of the hotels let you park free if you stay a night there...otherwise I use EZ Cruise parking. If you book online it is $30 for a 5 night cruise and it is secured at night with locked gates. They also shuttle you the couple blocks to the ship and pick you up when you return.

Thanks TexasCop2, we booked with EZ Cruise and it was just that EZ! ;)

Hey ballprkmom, we'll be right behind ya! I used EZ Cruise last time. Super simple. You'll drive FIRST to your left and follow the signs to drop off your bags (keep your carry ons!), then pull on out and across the street to the EZ Cruise parking. They'll direct you where to park. A little bus will pick you up virtually right at your car and drop you right back at the ship. Just follow the signs and you'll do fine. I missed something the first time and had to make another run at dropping off our bags; but even THAT was simple to correct. Getting excited now!!

Thanks Sea U Onboard, great to know that I have options. Thanks for the info. DukeFamily, we are getting excited too. I am becoming addicted to this board! It is kind of a stress reliever. I need to hurry up and get on that boat! Now that will be the ultimate stress reliever.

Hey ballprkmom, we'll be right behind ya! I used EZ Cruise last time. Super simple. You'll drive FIRST to your left and follow the signs to drop off your bags (keep your carry ons!), then pull on out and across the street to the EZ Cruise parking. They'll direct you where to park. A little bus will pick you up virtually right at your car and drop you right back at the ship. Just follow the signs and you'll do fine. I missed something the first time and had to make another run at dropping off our bags; but even THAT was simple to correct. Getting excited now!!

So, we have to drop our bags at the terminal first? I guess I was thinking we went straight to EZ Cruise and loaded our luggage on the shuttle. It doesn't matter as long as we get on that boat!

So, we have to drop our bags at the terminal first? I guess I was thinking we went straight to EZ Cruise and loaded our luggage on the shuttle. It doesn't matter as long as we get on that boat!

Yes, and that was my foul up last time. You follow the signs to the cruise ship for dropping off your big bags to start getting them x-rayed and loaded (don't forget to tip your porter!) then drive on out following the signs to EZ Cruise parking - it was across the street somewhere. I'm horrible driving in places I'm unsure of and reading signs, following directions, etc., and I managed it, so it couldn't have been TOO difficult. Well, except for having to run at it twice, but that was just me not reading the signs. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, and that was my foul up last time. You follow the signs to the cruise ship for dropping off your big bags to start getting them x-rayed and loaded (don't forget to tip your porter!) then drive on out following the signs to EZ Cruise parking - it was across the street somewhere. I'm horrible driving in places I'm unsure of and reading signs, following directions, etc., and I managed it, so it couldn't have been TOO difficult. Well, except for having to run at it twice, but that was just me not reading the signs. :rolleyes:

You don't have to drop your bags off first. That is part of the convenience of EZ Cruise or Lighthouse. They will load your luggage on the shuttle and unload it when you get to the cruise terminal. Very easy!

The porters at the cruise terminal will then take your luggage to be placed on the ship and you take your carry ons to go through the security and registration. Same thing in reverse when you return. I wouldn't do it any other way now! Have a great cruise!

Hey guys...not to try and change your plans, but I think it is easier to just go straight to the EZ cruise lot and take your luggage with you on the shuttle. They will unload it for you at the baggage terminal and you go straight to the boat. I have never dropped my luggage off before parking....hope everyone enjoys their cruise!!!

• 1 month later...
Hey guys...not to try and change your plans, but I think it is easier to just go straight to the EZ cruise lot and take your luggage with you on the shuttle. They will unload it for you at the baggage terminal and you go straight to the boat. I have never dropped my luggage off before parking....hope everyone enjoys their cruise!!!

I've always found it nice and convienient to drop off my luggage at the terminal first. That way, if i need to make a last minute Wal Mart run I dont have to worry about anyone breaking in an taking anything. Anyway, after I drop my bags off and just take my backpack with me to the EZ Cruise parking all I have to deal with is the back pack on my shoulder.. after check in I walk into the ships lobby bar for a drink of the day and head to the top deck and have lunch or whatever. But everyones different, I prefer dropping my luggage off first then parking.

Archived