Hertz Rental Car Shuttle to the Galveston Terminal

lovebug33

Okay, here is my question. I have heard one bad review about the Hertz shuttle. I am dropping off on Sunday and they said they'd have a shuttle to take me to the ship at 10:30. Did anybody have a good experience with this or should we call ahead for a cab and just pay the 20 bucks? TIA!

Okay, here is my question. I have heard one bad review about the Hertz shuttle. I am dropping off on Sunday and they said they'd have a shuttle to take me to the ship at 10:30. Did anybody have a good experience with this or should we call ahead for a cab and just pay the 20 bucks? TIA!

Might have been my cooments on another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14806948#post14806948

Six of us were on Voyager last March. When we reservered with Hertz, we were told the Gavleston office is closed on Sundays. We attempted to make a reservation the night before with two cab companies for a ride from Hertz to terminal - no luck. On Sunday, our driver dropped us off at the terminal about 11:00, then called the same cab companies on the way to the Hertz office for a ride to the terminal, and they both indicated they would not pick up at Hertz as they were too busy taking passengers from returning cruises to hotels and airports. Well, our guy got the Hertz office and it was open, and they were running a shuttle. However, it was over an hour by time the shuttle picked him and others up and returned to the cruise terminal around 12:30. It is only a ten minute drive between the terminal and the Hertz office.

I have read many favorable experiences using Hertz one-way rentals in Houston/Galveston (including comments on the same link), so I hope this one was an isolated one. I'm not sure if earlier will be any better as they are busy with renters returning from the previous cruise(s)?? If a little later, around 11:00, the returning cruisers maybe mostly gone and then the focus is on new passengers. You might try calling the local office and see what they have to say.

When we returned to Galveston the following Sunday, all went well and smooth. Our driver walked over to the Carnival terminal, was shuttled to the car lot nearby, and back to the terminal building within 20 minutes. And the return at HOU was quick and painless.

Archived