Are the following foods available on a cruise?

Suzles

I'm specifically wondering about Carnival, but they probably have similar stuff so I will take answers from anyone. I have been cruising before, but haven't been as health-conscious in the past. I am 1 pound from my WW goal and don't want to blow it on my cruise as I will be working on achieving lifetime member status.

oatmeal?

splenda packets?

skim milk at the buffet?

Of course, I had more for the list, but now that I'm typing it, I forget. Well, it's a start. Thanks in advance!

Yes to all.

I watch my weight as well... Here are a few more:

Carnival does have a sugar free maple suryup in bottles at the end of the buffet so if you do decide to spluge on a waffle or something, you can minimize the splurge. Another alternative is an omlette made with egg beaters that they have just for the asking.

They have wonderful salad bars but I bring from home, unopened of course, a plastic bottle of salad dressing that is low cal so I can enjoy the salad without taking in a million calories on the dressing alone. Just pop it in my napsack that I carry around with me anyway and keep the bottle fresh in the cabin fridge.

If you like before dinner drinks if you ask they will make your drink with a zero calorie tonic water, but you have to ask.

This is a good thread, I am sure others will come along with tips on how to enjoy wonderful meals while on board and still stay on goal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes they do have all of those, as well as plenty of low carb / low fat / reduced calorie food options. I've only been on one Carnival cruise (but many Celebrity ones) and they always have a low cal / low fat salad dressing option.

Yes this definitely works. I manged to actually lose 2 pounds whilst on my last 18 day cruise by doing this, a few visits to the gym, not eating between meals on junk. I had a cooked breakfast, 3 or 4 course lunch and 4 or 5 course dinner everyday (only in the restaurant) Didnt have too many carbs and mostly fruit for dessert but occasionally the ice cream 9wll i was on an Italian ship so I could hardly say no all the time!) Didn't exactly stint on the alcohol either. just goes to show eating well prepared foodwith lots of fruit and veggies works.

Archived