Boarding Time for Aremiti Ferries to and from Moorea

UmaS

We had booked our pre-cruise through Radisson, so all transfers were included, and we just sort of followed the herd who, following our local greeter, did as we were told. It moved along pretty quickly once the first ferry got there. Take a good look at the bay you are crossing to Moorea, and if it looks rough, do not go upstairs on the open deck to sit! Our crossing just after sunrise got very rough, and they had to move everyone downstairs. For your return, they will tell you what time to be at the hotel lobby to be picked up and transferred back to the ferry to board the ship in Papeete.

Editing to add, I don't think I answered your question at all! Sorry. You are allowed to get on the ferry as soon as all the departing passengers are off the ferry. They will have big metal bins to put your luggage on, so you don't have to carry it aboard yourself.

Thanks, jhp, for the tip on where to sit if a rough crossing. We aren't using Radisson for our pre-cruise stay, and I was just wondering if getting to the ferry dock half an hour ahead would be enough time, or do we need to get there even earlier?

I'm sure 1/2 hour would be plenty of time, unless you are the nervous type! There is a bit of scurrying about as people are loading their things on the bins, but that is going to happen no matter when you arrive. Enjoy!

Post-cruise on the Paul Gauguin just over two weeks ago we were still on the pier 15 minutes before the 100 yard or so bus ride to the Moorea ferry pier, and we boarded about 5 minutes before the scheduled 9:00 AM departure for Moorea with no problem at all.

Cheers,

Ken

Archived