Murrays Guide

Boxer Lover

We are leaving in 12 days to go to Alaska. We decided to rent a car

in Skagway. Could someone please tell me how to get a copy of Murrays

Guide? I would really like to follow all the advice on it.

Thanks alot

Brenda

Brenda, this is a great guide and this is what you will see at the end of the road! As you go up there, keep you eye on the mountain side on your left, you will see Dall Sheep, and maybe even a moose! We did!!!!!If you stop at caraboo crossing for ice cream like we did, if you look up on the hills, they have fake sheep!

Have a great trip,

Pam

DSCN0887.jpg.122a27fd5942dade386a1a26a38214e8.jpg

DSCN0899.jpg.b792f35e61dbde145a346c1ac69d6cba.jpg

I spent yesterday on the road getting the info and photos I need for the new version of the guide, and am working on it right now. I hope to have it posted tomorrow. It was a fairly pretty day to be on that highway, and there were lots of buses and rental cars out there with me - (despite what you see on the road at http://www.explorenorth.com/library/roads/images/s_klondike-4698-890.jpg) :D

Murray

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on another thread and wanted to update this information here.

Just returned from the Star Princess yesterday, we had snow flurries last Thursday on our trip, rented a car from Avis in Skagway and used your guide. Had 2 viewings of Grizzly Bears next to the road, Mile 35 next to Tutshi Lake, just past the viewing area, stood in the road looking at us. Mile 59 on the return, eating vegatation next to the road. We were able to stop take pictures while the Princess Buses just zoomed by.:)

We just returned from our Alaska trip Sat. and it was great! Thanks, Murray, Emerald Lake was beautiful - as well as the drive up there. Also, stopped by the post office in Carcross and got our passports stamped. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I went online last night and purchased a copy of Murray's guide but still have not gotten any information on where to download the .pdf file...

This usually wouldn't be a big deal but we are leaving for Seattle tomorrow afternoon and I am a little concerned that I will not get the link by then. Could anyone here tell me how long it took for them to get the link? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

First of all, sorry I missed you Misha. I met others on the cruise but we didn't cross paths. The guide was great. However IMHO it is better served for those doing a northern route. Believe me the scenery was great and the joy of just having a car to do as we pleased was wonderful. But, we almost missed Emerald Lake because we were expecting something grander. We did a southern route, so we had seen Anchorage to Seward by train, Hubbard Glacier, Tracy Arm, Sawyer Glacier, Mendenhall as well as other great vistas. If it were the first place I had gotten to on a cruise for views like that, I would be totally blown away by its beauty. Not trying to take anything away from the drive and the work that went into it. By all means it was a great help. I fully encourage everyone to get out on their own and away from the tourist areas and explore and enjoy all the scenery and all that is Alaska

Archived