Arcadia Suites - What's included

JeanBart

We're booked on the Arcadia Round the World departing Southampton Jan 09, we're doing the Southampton to Melbourne segment. We're booked in a suite, but we're finding it difficult to know exactly what benefits, other than a bit more cabin room, we'll actually get. I've looked on the P&O website, but couldn't find anything to help.

We're booked on the Arcadia Round the World departing Southampton Jan 09, we're doing the Southampton to Melbourne segment. We're booked in a suite, but we're finding it difficult to know exactly what benefits, other than a bit more cabin room, we'll actually get. I've looked on the P&O website, but couldn't find anything to help.

Hi there

we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite on Arcadia (B83), when we cruised the Panama Canal in March 07...

you get the obvious things such as bathrobes, slippers, binoculars, umbrellas,...you also get daily fresh fruit and flowers, afternoon tea served in your cabin along with hors d'ovres (sorry about spelling!!) every night...the butler will unpack your cases, top up your fridge with ice and all the drinks you may need (you will be charged for drinks)...he will make all speciality restaurant bookings, (invaluable for getting a table in Arcadian Rhodes)..

The cabin itself is very big, over 500 sq ft......it was big enough for me to do my aerobic workout in....it has a separate shower cubicle along with the shower over the bath...his and hers wash basins..his and hers Moulton Brown toiletries (well it was Moulton Brown in March 07)...

Finally, the thing we enjoyed most about being in a suite was when you wanted to entertain freinds, the butler took care of everything and there was plenty of room for at least 8 people to sit comfortably...

Hope this helps

Karen

Thank you karen for this information, we're really looking forward to this trip. As relative newies to cruising I'm really disappointed with the shore side operations. We've dealt with on 3 cruise lines and they are all as bad as each other for supplying passenger information, and responding to emails. Thank goodness for cruise critic

HI Jean Bart

Just one other thing worth bearing in mind regarding the dress codes. In the brochure and pre cruise "bumpf" they send you, they will state how many formal, informal and smart/casual nights there are...but they never tell you about the themed nights.....

IN my experience with P & O, these include a "Black & White night", which is normally on one of the formal nights, they also have "tropical night" very bright dresses and hawaain shirts for men......as well as having "Wild West cowboy nights" and they've also had "60's night"....

But, they don't tell you this till you're onboard...so its worth thinking about these evenings when you are sorting your packing....

To be fair, they do sell the mens hawaain shirts onboard, but nothing specifically for the other themed evenings...

Karen

Hi Karen

We sailed from Australia to UK in Feb this year on Cunard Queen Victoria, it was fantastic. We weren't in a suite on that voyage. We booked on Arcadia because we could choose the cabin we wanted, aft on B deck. We had this location on a Celebrity Alaskan cruise we did (our first) and we loved sitting on the balcony early morning & early evening.

There were so many formal & themed/formal nights on QV it became a bit of a problem. I had no idea that people would be so blinged up. I'm buying a couple of extra sparkly tops and hopefully that will be enough.

The one thing we really enjoyed on Cunard was the daily lectures and daily quizzes. I'm hoping they will be as good on Arcadia, although we have many more stops on Arcadia. We're also really looking forward to trying the Gary Rhodes restaurant onboard.

Hi Karen

We sailed from Australia to UK in Feb this year on Cunard Queen Victoria, it was fantastic. We weren't in a suite on that voyage. We booked on Arcadia because we could choose the cabin we wanted, aft on B deck. We had this location on a Celebrity Alaskan cruise we did (our first) and we loved sitting on the balcony early morning & early evening.

There were so many formal & themed/formal nights on QV it became a bit of a problem. I had no idea that people would be so blinged up. I'm buying a couple of extra sparkly tops and hopefully that will be enough.

The one thing we really enjoyed on Cunard was the daily lectures and daily quizzes. I'm hoping they will be as good on Arcadia, although we have many more stops on Arcadia. We're also really looking forward to trying the Gary Rhodes restaurant onboard.

Hi

WE also sailed on Celebrity Summit to Alaska last September, and we had a sky suite on that, but that was midships on B deck, it was very nice, that also came with a butler, but he wasn't a patch on the P & O one we had.....if he is still working on Arcadia, for your info, his name is Abhi, and if you are lucky enough to have him as your butler, you will have a great service from him..

As you can see from my signature, we are sailing on Arcadia in June 09, we are doing the Eastern Med in and out of Southampton, and we have also booked a 23 night xmas/new year cruise on Arcadia for 2009/2010..

Anyway, I must go now as we are going to Cyprus today for a quick week of very hot weather....

Karen

HI Jean Bart

Just one other thing worth bearing in mind regarding the dress codes. In the brochure and pre cruise "bumpf" they send you, they will state how many formal, informal and smart/casual nights there are...but they never tell you about the themed nights.....

IN my experience with P & O, these include a "Black & White night", which is normally on one of the formal nights, they also have "tropical night" very bright dresses and hawaain shirts for men......as well as having "Wild West cowboy nights" and they've also had "60's night"....

But, they don't tell you this till you're onboard...so its worth thinking about these evenings when you are sorting your packing....

To be fair, they do sell the mens hawaain shirts onboard, but nothing specifically for the other themed evenings...

Karen

They presumably don't tell you because they want to sell the shirts....

What is wrong with a simple dinner suit for dinner?

Archived