Native Way Water Sports?

shd157

Hi Everyone,

I am new to posting here, but I do read along quite frequently. I have my 3rd cruise coming up in September, first ever on Royal Caribbean (Mariner of the Seas). I've been to GC before, but last time just hung out on the beach and did some shopping. This time, I'd really like to go to Sting Ray City. From what I've read here, Native Way seems to offer a great tour (I want to do the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour). However, I have filled out their form and emailed them and it's been over a week and I have not heard back. I have been checking my spam folder too, to make sure a reply isn't being misdirected. Just wondering if this is a normal turn around time for them? I hate to be a bother, but I don't want to miss out. If I can't reach Native Way, are there any other recommendations? I have heard good things about Moby Dick on Trip Advisor, but I really love the description of the NW tour. Thank you!

-Shannon

I just booked Rays, Reef ,Rum Point with Nativeway this week. I had the exact opposite experience. I received a confirmation from owner, Sharon Eubanks within 12 hours! Here is the return address on the email I got...maybe you can try this. I also got an email confirmation when I sent them a fax, so I think they are very on top of things....maybe your problem is a cyber hiccup! Email: nativway@candw.ky

We had a couple of delays in communication when we booked the tour with them for April, but I think it's because they're a small business and she's usually out and about making sure everything's running smoothly. She will definitely get back in touch with you as soon as possible. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum point tour and LOVED it! Our guides were excellent and we did notice Sharon called them several times throughout the day making sure everything was going smoothly.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

My DH and I just got off the Carnival Legend this past Sunday where one of our stops was in Grand Cayman. We did the Stingray and Island Tour with Nativeway and were extremely disappointed in the service, especially after the rave reviews on CC.

One of the owners met us at the doc and there was some confusion over who collects the payment. Amidst the confusion, the owner proceeded to swear at one of the guests that was paying for the tour.

My DH and I are very optimistic people and always try to see the good side but we don't have good things to say about this company. The tour was highly unorganized and we were tossed around between a few different guides. It seemed as if whomever was available at the time was responsible for us.

I would recommend going with another vendor at this port.

Just a heads up I didn't like is they asked you to fax your CC info to them - well, that is great, but I didn't think that it would be international rates, and they didn't get my first fax so I had to send it again, when I got my phone bill $17 bucks to send two faxes.

You can phone your CC number to Sharon. I did it that way. She has a Grand Cayman # and a US number (New York). I have no cell phone long distance charges, so it didn't cost me anything to call NY. I had a good experience with Nativeway, wasn't asked for payment until the tour ended, and felt the guides took good care of us. I would use them again.

We went with Nativeway in 2003 and again on Monday, June 2. We had a blast, and the guides were great. They know a lot about the stingrays and were very helpful - how to handle and feed the rays, etc. I will book with them again.

My DH and I just got off the Carnival Legend this past Sunday where one of our stops was in Grand Cayman. We did the Stingray and Island Tour with Nativeway and were extremely disappointed in the service, especially after the rave reviews on CC.

One of the owners met us at the doc and there was some confusion over who collects the payment. Amidst the confusion, the owner proceeded to swear at one of the guests that was paying for the tour.

My DH and I are very optimistic people and always try to see the good side but we don't have good things to say about this company. The tour was highly unorganized and we were tossed around between a few different guides. It seemed as if whomever was available at the time was responsible for us.

I would recommend going with another vendor at this port.

I was starting to think we were the only ones that experienced this. When we go again we won't use them again either. A guy I just met at work (who goes to GC at least once a year) says he uses only Soto tours. I wish I had met him earlier.

Archived