Information please....

Leslieswiger

Shall be doing the Diamond Princess BKK/PEK. Will fly in ahead of departure and stay after the cruise for more land tours.

If I give the city and hotel in which we shall be staying, can you give me some good buys for that area? I am very interested in Perf., T.W., silk shirts and those black shoes (slippers) you see so many in China using. If you have addresses that would be great also.

Thanking you in advance for your time and interest in the above matter.

Singapore...Inter-Continental five nights.

Chiang Mai...Tamarind Village five nights.

Bangkok...Marriott Resort & Spa seven nights.

Beijing...Crown Plaza six nights.

Shanghai...Holiday Inn Downtown six nights.

Any information on things to buy,see and do would be appreciated.:)

Happy Sailings....Leslie Swiger:)

I drove past the Holiday Inn Downtown in Shanghai on Tuesday and fyi, it's not downtown. Because of the horrific traffic, it was actually a fair distance away from the city center and the good shopping on Nanjing Road. The hotel is beside the Shanghai Railway Station and I believe there is a subway stop there where you can get on the red Line 1 and get off at People's Square which is beside Nanjing Road and some really good shopping.

Thank you for your time. The full name of the hotel in Shanghai is called Holiday Inn Downtown and yes, we do realise the location.:o

Anything special we should keep in mind for buying?:rolleyes:

Thanking you again for your time and interest.

Happy Sailings....Leslie Swiger:)

Leslie

I'm in Bangkok and your choice of hotel is excellent.

Right beside the river and even though it's on the Thonburi side they have a free boat service to take you to the BTS station or across the river for shopping!

If you want to visit some places outside of Bangkok - and with 7 days you'll have time for sure - like Ayutthaya or the Floating Market and on to Kanchanaburi for the Tiger Temple and Bridge over the River Kwai you could have a look here for some ideas.

http://bangkokdaytours.com/

Cheers

KM

I do want and thank you KM for your time and interest in my thread. We have been thinking of using a travel agent in Bangkok for our land tours. I have made note of your thread and again thank you.

Happy Sailings.....Leslie Swiger:)

Archived