Ideas for family fun in Cabo????

arosen2001

We'll be on the Disney Magic next month and I am having a hard time finding family activities appropriate for our kids (4 and 7). We're doing the dolphin swim in Puerto Vallarta and Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. I heard that the ocean is pretty cold and choppy in Cabo - is this true for this time of year? I've always wanted to eat at Cabo Wabo but I can't tell if they allow kids in the restaurant during the day.

Can anyone suggest anything that our whole family could enjoy in Cabo?

Thanks!

Suggestions for Cabo San Lucas:

I wouldn't worry about the water temp to much. It should be at least 70 degrees by then. While that is not bath water temps like the east coast or gulf, it is tolerable.

Your kids would probably enjoy a trip in a water taxi out to the arch (aka: El Arco, Finnisterra, Lands End). There, they will see a sea lion colony on one of the rock formations. You could catch a water taxi from right near the tender pier, take it out to the arch for a look, and then go over to Medano Beach from there. Medano Beach is Cabo's main swimmable beach. IMPORTANT: getting out of the water taxi at Medano involves stepping into 2-3 feet of water so be careful with your kids. You may want to consider having the water taxi drop you off in front of the Melia Hotel (aka: ME Hotel). You can buy a day use pass (basically credit for spending on meals/drinks). They cater to a younger crowd so it may be noisy but they are supposed to have a great kids pool as well. Plus access to the beach and the ocean.

After you are done at Medano Beach, you could then catch a "land" taxi back into town (say near the marina), see a little of Cabo, stop into Cabo Wabo if you want and then head back to the ship. IMPORTANT: from the main area of the marina back to where the tender pier is probably a 20-30 min walk so make sure your kids are either rested or your shoulders are ready for the haul.

Hope this helps.

The hotel is no longer called the Melia. It has been re-named the ME. The Melia is on the corridor about 20 minutes from Cabo. I do not consider the ME a resort for children. Think body shots, wet t-shirt contest and lots of 20 year olds and drinking games.

Yes! Those are my 2 favorite beach bar/restaurants on Medano. They are just a little further down the beach and have a much bigger swimming area plus they are much quieter without all the springbreak type activites.

Archived