Long Beach Queen Mary embarkment

pertfred

I plan on arriving early to boared the Paradise. Do you need to pay to tour the Queen Mary while waiting for early boarding? Thanks:)

There are some areas you can walk around for free, but they are pretty limited, mostly in the hotel section, near the Carnival check-in room, and outside.

Worst embarkation port I've ever sailed out of.......Stood in a really long hot line outside, no where to sit down, not very fast moving...no water or cool drinks to purchase...it was miserable......If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have checked out of the QM until later in the morning, then I would have hung out on deck and tried to be the last person on the Paradise instead of the early in the pack.

Worst embarkation port I've ever sailed out of.......Stood in a really long hot line outside, no where to sit down, not very fast moving...no water or cool drinks to purchase...it was miserable......If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have checked out of the QM until later in the morning, then I would have hung out on deck and tried to be the last person on the Paradise instead of the early in the pack.

Wow, sorry you had a bad time in Long Beach, it's our favorite port so far (been there twice). I guess we've been lucky that the weather has been nice and we were able to hang around in the Carnival area on the QM (we didn't stay there), and sat on the benches outside, and also they had the 'party bar' set up right near the dome as well as the ice cream guy and the coffee guy. Don't give up on it!

We did early check in and after walking around the Queen Mary, we probably were outside for about an hour. We were able to snag a bench that had some shade though....and it was April so it wasn't overly hot outside. They started letting us in about 11 to the usual check in area...which is nice and air conditioned!

There were also some vending machines and I wish I thought to get drinks out of them to bring onboard!

(Welcome to the Bayou Krewe okgirl....just saw you are joining us!!)

Archived